• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Teddy goes down

nofishfisherman

The sound you hear is all Vikings fans holding their breath.  

Reports are the Bridgewater went down with what looks to be a serious knee injury in practice today.  Practice was called off the rest of the day and an ambulance came on the field to haul Teddy off the field.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17424174/teddy-bridgewater-seriously-injured-minnesota-vikings-practice

Season over. 

My honest take is that they may as well trade Peterson while he still has some value, and start looking for a new long-term solution at QB. I know the Purple kool-aid drinkers would mess their pants, but it's the wise thing to do. They have no shot this season.

I'm not sure what value AP would have at this point though. Teams will bring in new guys to add depth but you don't see major trades in attempt to bring in big name talent at starting positions this close to the start of the season.  There is just too much to learn system wise to pluck a guy off another team and insert him as your feature running back and you aren't going to trade for AP and take on his salary to make him anything less than your feature running back.

Had you known this is what was going to happen back around the draft then yes trading him would probably have been a smart move. However, now you'll be lucky to get a mid round pick for him and saving the money won't really make any difference this year.  As an organization in a new stadium you're better off holding on to at least one star player that can give fans something to cheer for during what looks like it might be a lost season.

19 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Looks like you'll have to wait a year big D to see who buys gas for a hunt. Stave...stave....stave...stave.

Hmmm, sounds vaguely familiar but I forget what this is about. Would you mind refreshing my memory? :confused:

farve.jpg

3 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

Our bet, but that's alright.  You can finally come out and cheer for the purple since limit is gone, we won't tell!!

Yes, I assume it was a bet. Could you elaborate on the conditions of the bet? 

Trading for Bradford was a gutsy move for Spielman. Obviously he has injury concerns but the times he has gotten hurt would have happened to any QB. 

He has the best defense and best running back he has every played with and lots of talent on offense. He is a better fit for Norv's offense that Teddy was and right now they are a better team with Bradford than they were with Teddy. This was a good deal and worth what they gave up considering the other options they had.

I agree, there were certainly worse options out there and with Dallas holding the advantage of priority in picking up players who were cut, the Vikings really had to do something other than wait for a QB to get cut and see who was left after Dallas made their pick.

I like this better than any of the other options. Sitting on Hill wasn't a viable option. We could have still won some games but no way he would have been healthy the whole season.

20 hours ago, CaptainMusky said:

I agree, there were certainly worse options out there and with Dallas holding the advantage of priority in picking up players who were cut, the Vikings really had to do something other than wait for a QB to get cut and see who was left after Dallas made their pick.

I like this better than any of the other options. Sitting on Hill wasn't a viable option. We could have still won some games but no way he would have been healthy the whole season.

No doubt I mean at least we didn't end up with butt fumble

Still think Teddy was the answer? As brutal as Hill was today, Theodore only had 5 games all last season with more passing yards.

Still think it was all the offensive line's fault that Theodore was sacked so much? I don't think Tennessee had 1 sack today did they?

Way to go Viks! I'll take Hill all season-if!

We can get a New younger Running back that can average more then 1.4 yards a game and a Offensive coach who knows when to make a change or sit someone down! Geeez! :crazy:

My Grandma can make 1.4 yards a game, and shes been dead for 10 years! :whistle:

14 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Still think Teddy was the answer? As brutal as Hill was today, Theodore only had 5 games all last season with more passing yards.

Still think it was all the offensive line's fault that Theodore was sacked so much? I don't think Tennessee had 1 sack today did they?

You do realize that almost half of the offensive line is new right? Adding Boone really makes a difference on the left side. I expect Kalil will have a MUCH better year, not that last year was bad for him, it was better than 2 years ago when he was flat out terrible. That Smith on the right side I could take or leave. The line did great in pass protection, but running the ball was awful.

So, it was Teddy's fault that he was the most pressured QB in all of the NFL last year? doh kay.

BTW, Hill wasn't that bad. He missed a few guys, but overall I think he played pretty good. I would have much rather had Teddy in there, but Hill didn't cost us the game, didn't make mistakes and made some decent throws.

8 hours ago, CaptainMusky said:

So, it was Teddy's fault that he was the most pressured QB in all of the NFL last year? doh kay.

Yes, he held the ball longer than almost any other NFL QB last year. The OL can only block so long for you. 

nfl meme.jpg

Um, no. That QB stat measures statistical average time to throw and grades the QBs based on their ability to get rid of the ball within that time. Teddy was the most pressured QB in the NFL last year (over 39%). If he had league-wide average pressure rating (25%), Teddy would have ranked just below Rodgers.

I know one thing, Teddy's leg is in better shape right now than Maniziel's NFL career.

On 8/30/2016 at 3:29 PM, Big Dave2 said:

Worst thing that could have happened. Now we'll have to wait one more year for everyone to realize Theodore is not the answer and turn on him.

I guess I was wrong on this one too. Theodore's injury, although bad for Teddy and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.....may end up being the best thing for the Vikings. Looks like they may have finally found a QB that can throw farther than 5 yards. When I made the above statement I figured they would just go with Shaun Hill or some other washed up QB.

286 yards, 2 TD's and 0 turnovers in his first game, against a good opponent, with not much more than a week preparation while the running game is averaging 1.4 yds/carry. Has Theodore had a game that good in 2 years?