Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

monstermoose78

1941 to 1942 Johnson

5 posts in this topic

What do you guys think it's worth a pre world war 2 a 5 horse Johnson from 1941 to 1942 with the cardboard box.

deleted -comment irrelevant

Edited by Cheers
deleted

Obviously it will depend on the condition-primarily the appearance of the motor. Call Twin Cities Outboard to get some feel for the value. Many times they are not worth what you are anticipating but there IS a market for them. Call the boating museum in Alexandria and they can put you in touch with people who would have an excellent idea. This Forum is probably not the best place to get a realistic and knowledgeable estimate of value.

Some of those old units were very well made and dependable as the sunrise.  When you could get them to run right! Ha Ha!

I knew it was I shot in the dark here but I thought there might be someone who knows more than myself.  I know the motors after world war 2 are a dime a dozen, but pre world war motors are not common.