• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Refletching?

How bad do you let your arrows get before you refletch them or replace them all together?

I've got some fletchings that need to work, they range from a small tear to half of one vane ripped off.  They all still group just fine but they look ugly.

Second part of the question, has anyone ever used the NAP Quick Fletch product?  Online reviews seem pretty good but haven't used them yet.  I've got mostly cheapy carbon arrows so not sure if its worth the hassle or if I should just go replace the entire arrow since its not much more money.

I fletch my own arrows, and will replace if they get cut, damaged, or warped badly.  I shoot aluminum arrows, so it is easy to scrape off old vanes and glue.  Carbon you may need to be more careful of damaging the shaft. 

I use the Vador uni-fletching jig.  Has worked well for me for many years.  

2 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

How bad do you let your arrows get before you refletch them or replace them all together?

I've got some fletchings that need to work, they range from a small tear to half of one vane ripped off.  They all still group just fine but they look ugly.

Second part of the question, has anyone ever used the NAP Quick Fletch product?  Online reviews seem pretty good but haven't used them yet.  I've got mostly cheapy carbon arrows so not sure if its worth the hassle or if I should just go replace the entire arrow since its not much more money.i

If my arrows are ripped or torn at all. 

I've got some fletchings that need to work, they range from a small tear to half of one vane ripped off.  They all still group just fine but they look ugly

Yea, sometimes I let it go in a middle of a shooting sessions, but that's it.  The tears or one less fletching affects the trajectory, flight and spiral of the arrow. When shooting out to 40 yards it makes no difference. Past 40 yards, your arrows can show tuning and arrow weight problems. 

Second part of the question, has anyone ever used the NAP Quick Fletch product?  Online reviews seem pretty good but haven't used them yet.  I've got mostly cheapy carbon arrows so not sure if its worth the hassle or if I should just go replace the entire arrow since its not much more money.

I have not used the NAP Quick Fletch but also here good things. I also shoot  cheap arrows. Easton axis 340s which you can find for 50 buck for a half dozen on certain sites. I than buy 75 grain inserts to add a little more FOC.  I have it set to a right helical 3 degrees! Shoot straight!

image.jpeg

Here is my set up

My practice arrows don't get replaced until there beat up badly. My hunting arrows are like new . I shoot Gold Tip Hunter most of the time but I made my own fletching jig, cut my own arrows . 

Buy a jig and flech your own, it's fun