• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cushion fabric

Moon Lake Refuge

I just went into Jo Ann Fabrics and asked their opinion, they gave me some suggestions and it all worked out very well. That way you can get color or pattern that fits too. Foam Factory is a good place for mattress if you haven't got it yet. 

Like Hawg said, Foam Factory is the place to go for your foam.  I went with the LUX-R first for my couch cushions/mattresses and the HD36-R for my bunks.  They are 3" topped with 1" of the super soft.  After a couple nights I noticed that the LUX-R was way too firm for my liking (unless the fish weren't biting and the bottle bass were jumping ha).  I just replaced my couch foam with the HD36-HQ and it is much better!  If I was to do it again I might even add another inch of the super soft.  There is a pretty noticeable difference between the density of the HD36-R and HD36-HQ.  It doesn't affect how firm it is but the HQ will last longer. 

I got really lucky and went to Hancock Fabric in town right before they closed and picked up $700 worth of fabric for $180 to do 2 couches (8'x28" and 7'x28"), their backrests, and 2 beds (80"x30").  It is almost like a mix between duck cloth and pleather - soft, heavy duty, water resistant.

Got a coupon for Joanns today and fabric for two couches and the two bunks came to about 130.  Had to special order it though when she laughed at me and said she cant remember the last time they have had 17+ yards of any camo pattern.  She said they usually sit on the shelf for a year.

26 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Had mine done at Clarkfield outdoors.... was cheaper than I could do my own, plus I didn't have to attempt to sew! I am really happy with the 4" foam that they use as well.

http://clarkfieldoutdoorsstore.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23&osCsid=sm44jckec59a2v5k4pf0llaj43

Yeah I saw there's and from my numbers so far they look to be a little over double what my cost will be doing it myself for 7, especially because we will have different cushion sizes that aren't standard.

Even with their standard sizes which are close I'm getting a cost of 525 for the 7 cushions I need.  Between foam factory and the fabric store I'm coming out at about 330-350.

Just realized I am doing 3 rather than 4 but that adds on about 60 bucks which still puts me about 100 under

Edited by Moon Lake Refuge

17 hours ago, rl_sd said:

The foam factory would have charged $106  for my 30" x 72" bottom bunk and $127 for my 36" x 72" top bunk.  I think that I paid about $200 for everything with fabric. Don't let the standard sizes fool you, they will make it however you want.... just another option

I think your problems was having them cut your cushions?  They charge a lot more for the precut sections.  Best way to do it is get a full sheet of whatever foam you want and cut it yourself.  A full sheet (82"x76") of 3" HD36-HQ is $124 and a full sheet of the 1" super soft foam is $27, so you're at $151 total for more foam than you will need.  Cutting it is a breeze with your electric filet knife, cuts like butter. 

http://www.thefoamfactory.com/opencellfoam/opencellfoam.html