Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
thatoneguy

Major League Fishing

As many of you probably know by now, Major League Fishing is in Grand Rapids! They were on Pokegama on Monday and again today; not sure if yesterday was Pokeg or elsewhere. I talked to one of their video guys for about an hour on Monday and he said they had three lakes lined up (but obviously couldn't say what the other two are). Monday and Tuesday there was brutal south wind at 15-20 mph, which would make Pokey very rough. I followed a couple of guys around for a while on Monday, and will probably try to find em again tomorrow if I can. 

I talked to Iaconelli for a little bit on Monday as well. Super nice, very personable, not at all like his TV persona. Pretty cool to have those sticks up here in my back yard!

I haven't follow Major League fshing. Is it suppose to be more like a TV/Reality show or just a different format than a standard tournament. Just curious.

It's a different made for TV format tournament.  All fish over 12" count and are immediately weighed and released. They don't find out the Lake they are fishing until they arrive in the morning.  They only get a 15 minutes to figure out where they will fish.  The day is broken into 3 periods with a mandatory meeting spot during the breaks.  They can be penalized fishing time for various fish handling violations.  They break them up into 3 separate groups in the first round which is catch all the weight they can and the groups fish on different days and possibly different bodies of water. For the second round there are two groups fishing on different days and possibly different water which ends when enough anglers meet a target weight or time runs out and the one's with the most weight wins, the final round is back to who catches the most weight.  The anglers are kept updated on each others fish catches.  It is really enjoyable to watch in my opinion.

Edited by Search Function

That is awesome!  They have been in the MN/WI area a lot the last couple seasons.  Such a great format.  So much more fun to watch.  You pick up a ton of great tips and tricks seeing how they dissect water and where/what to fish knowing they have to boat a lot of fish quickly.

You can get them on MLF To Go (or something like that) but I think you have to pay a little for it. It's a revenue stream for them, and I don't know that their business model would support making it available for free right now. Maybe if they can ramp up sponsor dollars a bit more that will be possible, though...I would love to see it happen!