• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Major League Fishing

thatoneguy

As many of you probably know by now, Major League Fishing is in Grand Rapids! They were on Pokegama on Monday and again today; not sure if yesterday was Pokeg or elsewhere. I talked to one of their video guys for about an hour on Monday and he said they had three lakes lined up (but obviously couldn't say what the other two are). Monday and Tuesday there was brutal south wind at 15-20 mph, which would make Pokey very rough. I followed a couple of guys around for a while on Monday, and will probably try to find em again tomorrow if I can. 

I talked to Iaconelli for a little bit on Monday as well. Super nice, very personable, not at all like his TV persona. Pretty cool to have those sticks up here in my back yard!

It's a different made for TV format tournament.  All fish over 12" count and are immediately weighed and released. They don't find out the Lake they are fishing until they arrive in the morning.  They only get a 15 minutes to figure out where they will fish.  The day is broken into 3 periods with a mandatory meeting spot during the breaks.  They can be penalized fishing time for various fish handling violations.  They break them up into 3 separate groups in the first round which is catch all the weight they can and the groups fish on different days and possibly different bodies of water. For the second round there are two groups fishing on different days and possibly different water which ends when enough anglers meet a target weight or time runs out and the one's with the most weight wins, the final round is back to who catches the most weight.  The anglers are kept updated on each others fish catches.  It is really enjoyable to watch in my opinion.

Edited by Search Function

That is awesome!  They have been in the MN/WI area a lot the last couple seasons.  Such a great format.  So much more fun to watch.  You pick up a ton of great tips and tricks seeing how they dissect water and where/what to fish knowing they have to boat a lot of fish quickly.

You can get them on MLF To Go (or something like that) but I think you have to pay a little for it. It's a revenue stream for them, and I don't know that their business model would support making it available for free right now. Maybe if they can ramp up sponsor dollars a bit more that will be possible, though...I would love to see it happen!