• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Isle Royale

Leaving for Isle Royale in 7 days ,,,,Will be 3 Tyees  pulled on a string out to Windigo and from there to our camp site ,,Plan to head to ROA  and some of the reefs in the area ,,,Praying for calm seas and fair weather,,,,Hope to post a good report on our return  

Edited by LoonASea

55 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

Leaving for Isle Royale in 7 days ,,,,Will be 3 Tyees  pulled on a string out to Windigo and from there to our camp site ,,Plan to head to ROA  and some of the reefs in the area ,,,Praying for calm seas and fair weather,,,,Hope to post a good report on our return  

Wow, sounds like fun. Hope for clam sea's for sure. Good luck.

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 7:51 PM, leech~~ said:

Wow, sounds like fun. Hope for clam sea's for sure. Good luck.

Bahaha, yeah forget the clam seas and hopefully their calm!  Randy.

Well Im not going back!!!!!!

Till next year!!!!!!!,,, we got a little rain monday ,,then we had some fog monday ,,,,then the sun came out the lake started to flatten and then the fish started to go nutz ,,,,Good mixture of lakers , browns , steelhead,   and salmon ,,, came home with a 7 man limit and ate like kings on the island ,,,the trip out and back had some waves less then 2ft with some rollers mixed in 

41 minutes ago, Surface Tension said:

Nice vid, thanks for sharing.  I have to make it back up there!

Plus +2 very cool trip! I'm sure the boats felt like they were shrinking in size the further you got out there! :lol:

Made the trip out to the island in some fog ,,, Fishing was rather slow till we put a pattern together ,,,A fellow fisher man had a waterwolf camera and showed us some underwater video which helped us put our pattern together,,, Weather was cool but calm seas helped ,,,, We didn't get any salmon or steelhead and from the chatter on the marine radio neither did any one else but the lake trout cooperated ,,, Making plans for another trip later in august but this time I will have my own waterwolf camera 

Hope to have another video to post when the Capt has time to put it together (I didn't take any pictures)

I was surprised that it wasn't busier being the holiday weekend  ,,, We had other boats at the dock but getting a shelter wasn't an issue 

Just got back from our second trip to Isle Royale ,,,, Weather wasn't perfect (glad I now have radar) but we got lots of steelhead this time with a brown and lakers mixed in ,,, Hope to have another video of our trip in the next few days ,,, Didn't see many other boats out fishing around us but lots of trailers in the lot at Grand Portage 

1 hour ago, LoonASea said:

Just got back from our second trip to Isle Royale ,,,, Weather wasn't perfect (glad I now have radar) but we got lots of steelhead this time with a brown and lakers mixed in ,,, Hope to have another video of our trip in the next few days ,,, Didn't see many other boats out fishing around us but lots of trailers in the lot at Grand Portage 

Sounds like a great time Randy. Will be waiting for the vid.