• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Salsa time

8 cup cut up green peppers

6 cup cut up onions

3 cup cut up celery

saute in 2 tablespoons veggie oil till half tender

Add

8 pounds tomatoes ( i just cut out stem, quarter and run on low in the blender for a bit, skin on)

7 garlic cloves diced up ( or 2 tsp minced garlic from a jar)

1. 4 oz can diced jalapenos

1. 20 oz can crushed pineapple, or tidbits

4 T brown sugar

1 T Oregano

1 T Cayenne pepper

1T Chili powder

1T salt

2 Tsp liquid smoke

2. 12 oz cans tomato paste

bring to a slow boil then simmer 20 minutes or so.  then can, boil for about 15 minutes then turn off the heat and let it sit overnight to seal. makes 14 to 16 pints usually. have fun :)

26 minutes ago, blue_healer_guy said:

Thanks eyeguy, did 22 pts and 2 qts tonite.  tasted great warm.  cant wait till cool.  I still have 3 bottles of siler sATIN WAITING FOR YOU NEXT TIME IM UP YOUR WAY!  That typing was not boar by the way.

You took some if his classes though didn't ya!!!:P:grin:

15 hours ago, blue_healer_guy said:

Thanks eyeguy, did 22 pts and 2 qts tonite.  tasted great warm.  cant wait till cool.  I still have 3 bottles of siler sATIN WAITING FOR YOU NEXT TIME IM UP YOUR WAY!  That typing was not boar by the way.

cool,  I love it best after its been in the fridge.  but I eat it room temp also.  

4 hours ago, smurfy said:

ders no picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tired::cry:

Are you Helen Keller or what??! The PIC IS RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't see one, blame the site! I see one! Wipe the katchup outta yer eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Sorry charlie.  No ketchup, no picture.  

Nice and warm here at the lake

Serious???!! I see it, and my buddy is looking at it too....WTH??! Maybe this site won't let you see pics, anymore, Del!

A big pic of smurfs canning, right there.....

If you're done canning and you still have a few tomatoes coming in don't forget about homemade tomato soup. The other day I had 5 or 6 very ripe tomatoes that I didn't want to go to waste, so I decided to make some tomato basil soup. It turned out fantastic, and simple to make.

I just blanched and seeded the tomatoes. Added some fresh chopped basil from the garden, some fresh chopped parsley, fresh garlic, a little onion powder, and heavy cream.

let it simmer and meld

poured it into the blender for a couple pulses. Delicious.