Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

8 cup cut up green peppers

6 cup cut up onions

3 cup cut up celery

saute in 2 tablespoons veggie oil till half tender

Add

8 pounds tomatoes ( i just cut out stem, quarter and run on low in the blender for a bit, skin on)

7 garlic cloves diced up ( or 2 tsp minced garlic from a jar)

1. 4 oz can diced jalapenos

1. 20 oz can crushed pineapple, or tidbits

4 T brown sugar

1 T Oregano

1 T Cayenne pepper

1T Chili powder

1T salt

2 Tsp liquid smoke

2. 12 oz cans tomato paste

bring to a slow boil then simmer 20 minutes or so.  then can, boil for about 15 minutes then turn off the heat and let it sit overnight to seal. makes 14 to 16 pints usually. have fun :)

26 minutes ago, blue_healer_guy said:

Thanks eyeguy, did 22 pts and 2 qts tonite.  tasted great warm.  cant wait till cool.  I still have 3 bottles of siler sATIN WAITING FOR YOU NEXT TIME IM UP YOUR WAY!  That typing was not boar by the way.

You took some if his classes though didn't ya!!!:P:grin:

On 8/21/2016 at 5:24 PM, smurfy said:

Did up 12 pints yesterday! Got a pic but I ain't smart enough to post.:(

Cripes...ya can't teach a Smurf anything.  Have to do it for him. :whistle:

Displaying IMG_20160820_163122534_HDR.jpg

15 hours ago, blue_healer_guy said:

Thanks eyeguy, did 22 pts and 2 qts tonite.  tasted great warm.  cant wait till cool.  I still have 3 bottles of siler sATIN WAITING FOR YOU NEXT TIME IM UP YOUR WAY!  That typing was not boar by the way.

cool,  I love it best after its been in the fridge.  but I eat it room temp also.  

4 hours ago, smurfy said:

ders no picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tired::cry:

Are you Helen Keller or what??! The PIC IS RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't see one, blame the site! I see one! Wipe the katchup outta yer eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Sorry charlie.  No ketchup, no picture.  

Nice and warm here at the lake

Serious???!! I see it, and my buddy is looking at it too....WTH??! Maybe this site won't let you see pics, anymore, Del!

A big pic of smurfs canning, right there.....

If you're done canning and you still have a few tomatoes coming in don't forget about homemade tomato soup. The other day I had 5 or 6 very ripe tomatoes that I didn't want to go to waste, so I decided to make some tomato basil soup. It turned out fantastic, and simple to make.

I just blanched and seeded the tomatoes. Added some fresh chopped basil from the garden, some fresh chopped parsley, fresh garlic, a little onion powder, and heavy cream.

let it simmer and meld

poured it into the blender for a couple pulses. Delicious.