• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swhacker broadheads

Any input on the Swhacker 2 blade mechanical broadheads?  I've got a buddy who just swtiched to them and while he hasn't used them on a deer yet he's been very impressed with their flight and accuracy compared to field points. In theory they look like they'd leave a large exit and do some serious damage.  I also looked at them on Amazon and they have overwhelmingly positive reviews.  Curious if anyone here has experience with them.  

I'm currently set up at 50 pounds due to a shoulder issue but may be able to bump it up a little by time the season gets here.  The shoulder is getting stronger each time out.  One of my concerns with them was regarding shooting them at a little lower draw weight as that seemed to be common concern in the reviews I've read.

The other broadhead I'm looking at is the Magnus Stinger 2 blade.  It seems to be a good option when shooting a little lower poundage.

I have shot just about all the top Broadheads out there and they have all seemed to have failed me on performance and lack of blood trails at one point or another and as of the last 3 years I have been using the NAP KillZone with tremendous success and massive entry and exit holes leaving massive amounts of blood. They do tremendous damage and are extremely durable and work flawlessly. I am shooting 68lbs with the newer Easton Ingexion arrow at 29 inches and 10.1 gpi. Below is your typical entry hole and exit hole are even bigger. Hope this helps.

photobucket-15720-1359002414327.jpg

There are so many options out there and its seems each one has their fans and critics.  Seems the Magnus Stingers get a ton of praise, as due Killzone and Muzzy.  Ultimately it will probably come down to what shoots best out of the individual bow but at $30 for a pack of 3 its tough to go out and buy a bunch to see what shoots best out of your individual bow. 

Right now I'm still leaning toward the Stingers but I'll look closer at the Killzone as they have also been recommended a few times.  

I've been checking out Amazon for most of them and I've found most 3 packs of various heads starting around $20.  I'll probably go do the typical looking around at the stores and then go buy them online.  Although I may also just go up to my local bow shop and buy them, they'll be a bit more expensive than online but I'm ok with that if it helps keep a good shop in business.