Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

leech~~

Masterbuilt Butterball Oil-Free Electric Turkey Fryer

16 posts in this topic

Anyone have one of these?

At the price of deep fry oil I'm thinking about it.  How do they compare to deep fry, other then slower? 

BUTTERBALL

Masterbuilt Butterball Oil-Free Electric Turkey Fryer

• Requires no propane or oil
    • Easily cooks up to an 18-lb. turkey in as little as 10 mins./lb.
    • 1,650-watt electric heating element
    • Double-walled construction seals in radiant heat
    • Adjustable thermostat for precise control
    • Integrated wood chip box for smokehouse flavor
Enjoy the delicious, juicy flavors of fried turkey without the oil thanks to Masterbuilt's Butterball Oil-Free Electric Turkey Fryer. Features a 1,650-watt electric heating element, and a durable double-walled construction that's designed for outdoor cooking. Requires no propane or oil. Versatile cooking basket and turkey stand accommodate up to an 18-lb. bird, as well as a wide variety of other foods, while the tempered glass lid lets you keep a close watch over your meal as it cooks. Adjustable thermostat allows you to have precise control over cooking temperatures. Included wood chip box imparts smokehouse-quality flavor. Removable drip pan makes cleaning up a

canvas.png

RebelSS and rumeye like this

sorry bud, cant help ya. don't have one and don't know of anyone that does!!!!!!!!:tired:

15 minutes ago, smurfy said:

sorry bud, cant help ya. don't have one and don't know of anyone that does!!!!!!!!:tired:

Sounds like they may be a newer deal. I was talking with a guy at work who has one and said he rally likes it and doesn't like the oil deep fryers because of the chance of fires.  I like fires-just don't like the price of cooking oil now! I saw Home Depot has them for $95 so I may have to give one a try.

Edited by leech~~

Seems to have good reviews, Amazon has it for $94.00 plus free shipping if you're a prime member.

https://www.amazon.com/Masterbuilt-20100809-Butterball-Oil-Free-Electric/product-reviews/B002JM1ZN8/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop/154-9019080-7511828?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=recent#ROBIW6WFMEHK2

Edited by Cooperman
RebelSS likes this

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

I bet ya could smoke a ham in there...hmmmm....I like it! You should try it!!  :grin:

nature a ham like you would fit!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:grin:

Yepper give it a shot leech. I'm curious as to what else one can do in it. I'm thinking not fish, or curds,  did I mention curds. Ham now that caught my attention. 

58 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Yepper give it a shot leech. I'm curious as to what else one can do in it. I'm thinking not fish, or curds,  did I mention curds. Ham now that caught my attention. 

I'm thinking any meat that you can cook or want to smoke. Turkey, chicken, ham, venny, beef roast.  That's kind of were I'm headed with it.

I own one similar to this, it's called the Big Easy. It's a propane powered  Infrared cooker.  Mine is about 6 years old and does not have the smoker option.  As far as Infrared heat cooking, I love it.  Works great for Turkey and Chicken.  Skin stays nice and crisp and the chickens come out looking like the Rotisserie chickens you see at some grocery stores. 

Here's a pic of the one I have.

big easy.jpg

leech~~ and bobberineyes like this

15 minutes ago, Kidd said:

I own one similar to this, it's called the Big Easy. It's a propane powered  Infrared cooker.  Mine is about 6 years old and does not have the smoker option.  As far as Infrared heat cooking, I love it.  Works great for Turkey and Chicken.  Skin stays nice and crisp and the chickens come out looking like the Rotisserie chickens you see at some grocery stores. 

Here's a pic of the one I have.

big easy.jpg

How long do you think it takes to do a bird in it, and what was the price range if you remember?

I paid around $100.00 for it, can't remember exactly but that's close.  I estimate the cooking time at 10 min a pound an start poking it with a thermometer after about 9 min a pound.  So for a ten pound bird I would start testing it at 90 mins.

Also, I have not deep fried a bird since getting this, it's much easier, not as messy and a lot less expensive. 

leech~~ likes this

Not a fryer if it doesn't have oil in it. Looks like a round convection oven. Any convection oven should give the same results. The smoker option looks interesting though. Not sure if it is in long enough to get a smoky taste though.

Edited by KEN W

21 minutes ago, KEN W said:

Not a fryer if it doesn't have oil in it. Looks like a round convection oven. Any convection oven should give the same results. The smoker option looks interesting though. Not sure if it is in long enough to get a smoky taste though.

Right, but some times an oven may not be at a place like the Deer shack! ;)

I don't have that model but I did replace our regular oil fryer that was used for fries, wings etc with one of the electric air fryers and I use it all the time for wings. I basically just baste a little oil on the wings or use a spray can of olive oil and it takes about 16 minutes to cook a plate of wings from frozen. I think that would work well for birds and be safer.

I don't know what brand he has but a guy that I used to work with had an oil-less turkey cooker and he loves it. I've been thinking of getting one but my wife likes deep fried turkey even more than I do and she's not so sure..... 

Jim Almquist likes this

Menards has the newer big easy on sale for $119.00. Normally closer to $200.00, Menards says regular price is $240.00? It can cook a 25lb turkey. Not only is this one bigger, but you get some accessories with it. I don't know when the sale ends, but I think it's through Saturday.image.jpeg