Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

jbell1981

Your vote for potus goes to..........

129 posts in this topic

Most of the political posts here are just senseless back and forth banter, and despite my wishful thinking, this one probably will too but the question is simple: Who are you currently planning on voting for this November and why? After sifting around the current posts it's pretty simple to see who is supporting who but the why often gets left out. I personally don't understand how anyone could support Trump or Clinton but if you do, let's hear some truthful reasons why. 

I generally vote R and at one time was hoping Rubio could get the nomination but that ship sailed long ago. Despite that I despise her I don't think anyone will beat Hillary unless something drastically changes. 

That said, at this point, I will be voting for Gary Johnson. He has a lot of flaws but, of the ticketed candidates, is the one where our views most closely align. My only other option would be to write someone in. 

Edited by jbell1981
GeluNumber1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbell1981 said:

Most of the political posts here are just senseless back and forth banter, and despite my wishful thinking, this one probably will too but the question is simple: Who are you currently planning on voting for this November and why? After sifting around the current posts it's pretty simple to see who is supporting who but the why often gets left out. I personally don't understand how anyone could support Trump or Clinton but if you do, let's hear some truthful reasons why. 

I generally vote R and at one time w hias hoping Rubio could get the nomination but that ship sailed long ago. Despite that I despise her I don't think anyone will beat Hillary unless something drastically changes. 

That said, at this point, I will be voting for Gary Johnson. He has a lot of flaws but, of the ticketed candidates, is the one where our views most closely align. My only other option would be to write someone in. 

 

 

neil-degrasse-tyson-00ba6becee66bc32.jpg

Edited by PurpleFloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Duffman said:

None of your darn business.

:)

So it's Hillary Clinton then? Don't blame you for keeping that on the low down :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't even stand listening to her talk for one minute.

So that frees up quite a bit of my time in the next eight years.

;)

I caught about two minutes of DNC.........when Uncle Joe was going on his rant, stuck around a bit because I was half expecting Biden to tell Trump to go get his shine box. :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your vote for potus goes to..........

Mine goes to ANYONE except hillary..

A candid admission, I know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Johnson

-He is by far the most qualified candidate for the office given his two successful terms as Governor of New Mexico. Neither of the other 2 candidates have any executive level governmental experience that I am aware. Remember what happened last time we elected a "community organizer" with little experience?

-As governor he cut spending, balanced the budget, and vetoed more bills than every other governor in the country combined.

-Balancing the Federal budget by actually cutting spending is his top priority.

-He’s not for any bank bailouts, agriculture subsidies, or any other cronyism.

-He believes in total free trade and eliminating international barriers to business.

-He wants to eliminate the corporate income tax to allow companies to spend that money hiring more people.

-Ending all the wars immediately and bringing all the troops home is the first step of his foreign policy.

-He’s not for further interventionism in countries around the world.

-He believes in legalizing marijuana and ending the War on Drugs.

-He’s for abolishing the Department of Education and returning standards back to states and local districts, and using school vouchers

-He doesn’t believe that the government should regulate marriage

-A strong 2nd Amendment supporter, he encourages gun ownership and self defense

-He’s against government involvement in healthcare because it only raises prices

-He’s against the Patriot Act, NSA spying, the NDAA, and other 4th Amendment violations

-Having been a border state Governor, he understands the immigration issue better than most

-Using the Fair Tax, he wants to eliminate the Income Tax and the IRS

jbell1981 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dotto what Big Dave stated ,,,I cant wrap my head around any reason to vote for the lesser of two evils because the lesser is still evil ,,,,I read more then I post but reading what some of you belligerent members post isnt laughable any more ,,,How do you type with your head that far up your keister is beyond me 

 

BTW did Lmitout commit suicide or finally get jailed for some thing stupid ???

PurpleFloyd likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

Dotto what Big Dave stated ,,,I cant wrap my head around any reason to vote for the lesser of two evils because the lesser is still evil ,,,,I read more then I post but reading what some of you belligerent members post isnt laughable any more ,,,How do you type with your head that far up your keister is beyond me 

 

BTW did Lmitout commit suicide or finally get jailed for some thing stupid ???

So by inaction you allow the greater of the evils.   That should make you feel good.  As for limit... It is a long story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

So by inaction you allow the greater of the evils.   That should make you feel good.  

But that's strictly your opinion. What if my opinion is that the other 2 evils are equal?

13 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

 As for limit... It is a long story. 

Nah, it's not that long. The guys in the food forum ran him off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

As for limit... It is a long story. 

Still think he couldn't stomach the stump for Trump so he quit his job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

So by inaction you allow the greater of the evils.   That should make you feel good.  As for limit... It is a long story. 

What exactly do you mean by inaction ,,,Have you voted yet ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

Still think he couldn't stomach the stump for Trump so he quit his job.

Nah, the cooking forum boys were way harder to handle then the silly-Silly Town boys! :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far that's:

4 Gary Johnson's
1 Anyone but Hillary which = Gary Johnson
and a few guys that got nothing.

Looks like Gary Johnson is doing good in the polls.:)

jbell1981 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Dave2 said:

So far that's:

4 Gary Johnson's
1 Anyone but Hillary which = Gary Johnson
and a few guys that got nothing.

Looks like Gary Johnson is doing good in the polls.:)

 

what makes you think "not hilllary" equals Gary Johnson?  I mean besides the cookies you bought in Colorado...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

 

what makes you think "not hilllary" equals Gary Johnson?  I mean besides the cookies you bought in Colorado...

 

What makes you think it doesn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Nah, the cooking forum boys were way harder to handle then the silly-Silly Town boys! :whistle:

No way.  Lmit has way thicker skin to take his ball and go home butthurt over those jokers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mystery here .... I'll be voting for our next President, HRC. With a big smile on my face.

I've devoted whole posts to "Why I vote Dem" so I won't get too deep into it here but ....

In the 28 yrs that I've been voting in national elections ....

Over 92% of the private sector jobs that have been created were created when a Dem was Pres, Dem Presidents have done a much better job of reducing the growth of gov't spending, and Dem Presidents are the only ones to reduce the size of the yearly deficits they've inherited.

Conversely, every GOP President has had a miserable record of private sector job creation, spent like a drunken sailor on shore leave, and exploded the yearly deficit.

 

GeluNumber1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see the breakdown of the Trump voters between legit Trump supporters and Anti-Hilldogs.  I think the GOPs basic platform of "Hey! At least we aren't liberals" seems to be working.

HIllary is not well liked.  I think even a 2008 McCain/Palin would have a fair shot at a W.   Count on the GOP to pick a candidate that just lumbers in and thunders out a huge deuce in the bed.

Edited by bobbymalone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

Count on the GOP to pick a candidate that just lumbers in and thunders out a huge deuce in the bed.

ROFLMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

I'd like to see the breakdown of the Trump voters between legit Trump supporters and Anti-Hilldogs.  I think the GOPs basic platform of "Hey! At least we aren't liberals" seems to be working.

HIllary is not well liked.  I think even a 2008 McCain/Palin would have a fair shot at a W.   Count on the GOP to pick a candidate that just lumbers in and thunders out a huge deuce in the bed.

I'd like a breakdown of liberal voters that actually like Hillary considering the party establishment is in full "but Trump" mode. 

Sadly that is something we will never know because the party is so rigged and corrupt that they would never let the truth see the light of day. Her popularity is derived in much the same manner that Saddam Hussein got his near 100℅ approval rating and election victories. 

 

Gary Johnson all the way.i would vote for Harold Stassen before Hillary Clinton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't think it makes much difference who gets in.  The political machine just keeps rollin along.  Has there been a real difference from Bush to Obama?  Not really IMHO.  The gears that matter are in congress, which is the opposite of  progress.

PurpleFloyd likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now