Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Crow Hunter

Bearing buddies wear out?

I am going to replace the bearings and grease seals on my boat trailer. My question is should I replace my bearing buddies also? does anything wear out on them? They are probably 15 years old, seem to work fine. Thanks for any thoughts

Shouldn't have to, CH. Basically they are a spring loaded device that pushes the grease at about 3-4 psi or so against bearings to keep water out when launching into and retrieving from water. The warm hubs suddenly contract when they hit the cool water, creating a vacuum, sucking water in. The bearing buddy helps prevent this. I occasionally took mine apart, checked the backing plates, and gave the springs a bit of a "stretch". 

I agree with Reb. The only thing I like to do is use the bra that you can get. Smear a little grease around the outside were it slips on. This way it make a waterproof seal and keeps the dirt out of the bearing buddy. I like to smear grease around the zirt as well to protect against rust.