• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

For compound bow for deer hunting, can the draw length be adjusted?

There will most likely be a range that the draw length can be adjusted to. Take the bow into a shop and they'll be able to get it fit to you as best as they can.  For me personally I brought in a bow a buddy gave me and they could get it close but not perfect.  I'm 6'4" with a 31" draw and the best they could do on my bow is 30.5".  When I upgrade I'll get one that fits perfectly but for now I can shoot it just fine.

Sort of a dumb question but when the bow shop adjust the draw length on a bow, do they cut the string on the bow to shorten it?  I am wondering because if I needed to make the string longer, I may have to have them replace with a new string.  

Thanks. 

Mine adjust at the cams as well just put in bow press take a screw out and move a pin to the next hole on the cam.

I don't know how much you are adding to the draw length but I would stress make sure the arrows are the right length for shooting that draw length. If you change it much over what it is now likely you will have to get longer arrows bad things can happen when shooting arrows that are too short.

Some bows have cams that are draw length specific.  With these bows, you have to change the cams to change the draw length.  Some bows have cams that have draw length modules that can be purchased and changed.  Some bows have cams that have a rotating module that have a range of adjustability.  You may or may not need to have new strings depending on what bow you have.