• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camera for backing boat trailer

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

On August 7, 2016 at 11:28 PM, ZachD said:

Do you have a gopro? If so just use the gopro and your phone... no internet connection needed or extra router or what not. The phone and gopro can talk to each other with their own wifi signal. 

Another reason to get a go-pro 

Another solution is a Wireless back-up camera. Sell for $40. on amazon have a built in light and run on 12VDC. Camera comes on a Lisc. Plate mount so easy to mount it on a wall or celling. Power it with an A/C to D/C 12V charger. The monitor power from your Cig Lighter outlet in your truck. I put on in my wife's vehicle, they have a 0 time delay and have artificial clearance lines displayed. Bit cheaper the an Go-Pro.

https://www.amazon.com/Podofo®-Foldable-Monitor-Wireless-License/dp/B019PMZG4I/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1470840736&sr=1-3

a note for the gopro, there is a bit of lag between the gopro and phone. its not terrible but its not great either. would already probably be going slow backing up so you would probably be fine. its definitely not real time though that's for sure. It doesnt matter if I use iPhone or iPad there is noticeable lag.

21 hours ago, rundrave said:

a note for the gopro, there is a bit of lag between the gopro and phone. its not terrible but its not great either. would already probably be going slow backing up so you would probably be fine. its definitely not real time though that's for sure. It doesnt matter if I use iPhone or iPad there is noticeable lag.

Had a GoPro Hero 3 several years ago which didn't have a view finder/LCD so linked it to my iPad 2. Found the delay much the same as my old cell phone using WebOfcam. Also the annoying "Fish  Eye" image is the only way it operated. I found it hard to use. After I got the Samsung S5 phone I gave the GoPro away. The S5 had a better camera, better response time, does great videos and much easier to use.

If you choose the back-up cam you can get a WiFi version that will run on your phone verses the 4" monitor. They also have no time delay as they use the same technology Vexilar uses on their SonarPhone and FishPhone. If your patient, you can get one out of China for under $15. with free shipping. Only takes a bit (usually 20 days to get it "slow boat from China" is reality)

5 hours ago, Wish-I-Were-Fishn said:

Webofcam worked ok, but lots of delay. Use the camera on my Galaxy S5 and my iPad 2 for the monitor. I think the delay is caused by the iPad. Looking to update the iPad when the next version is released and will report back.

Could also be partly the wifi router.