• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Regs are out

My zone moved from lottery to hunters choice.  Things were looking up 2 years ago the first year it went to lottery as we say a lot of does and young deer but then last year things looked WAY worse with very few deer sighted by anyone in the area.  Hopefully the lack of deer had to do with the active logging that was going on in my are right before and during the season.  

Still not sure what we'll do this year.  We've been hunting the same area for the last several years but now with all of the logging they've done options are getting pretty limited and its pushing all of the hunters into smaller and smaller areas.  Opening morning last year I was the first to my stand but had 3 other people climb trees within 50-100 yards of me right after sun up.  Spent the morning waving at them before deciding to give up and relocate to unscouted areas in the afternoon. 

My zone is staying lottery. Last year was the first time it had been lottery since I started hunting 27 years ago. I don't really mind, the numbers seem to be coming back up and one more season of a lower harvest should get things back to normal.

Should be a good year

Our area just north of the metro was really bad for the last couple years. Went to one deer two years ago and last year went to two. I really hoped it would of stayed one deer last year also. Just starting to bounce back but still looked ok last fall. This spring a lot more seen working on plots and turkey hunting. We needed that even being that close to the metro.

See how this season goes will depend if I pull the trigger on a doe during Muzzy time. Hope to fill a bow tag first.