• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishfinders Under $200

kmgplus3

Question

I've read a lot of the posts discussing fishfinders, and getting what you pay for, but I still only can spend about $175 - $200. When I look at the catalogs, or at the local stores, it seems that most in this price range are about the same in terms of specs and features. Any thoughts on which brands perform the best? Most of my fishing is done on smaller water in a 14'boat. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

The new Eagle FishMark 320 looks like the way to go for your price range. There is a post from a couple of weeks ago that talks about it. It has 320 pixels by 320 pixels. That is unbelievable for a $199 unit. I have talked to a number of people at sporting goods stores and they all say that it is an excellent unit. I would recommend at least looking at one set up in a store before buying anything else.

Bushwacker

kmgplus3
I also bought one of the 320's, just seemed like a very good buy. I have used an eagle ultra (160x160) the past 6 years and have had good luck with it. I cant wait to use the new one, hopefully it performs as well as the one i have now.
Alot of it is how well you know how to use your sonar, and being able to fine tune the sensitivity/greyline/ etc. in manual mode. Practice using the zoom feature when fishing bottom hugging walleyes and it will pay dividends in the frypan smile.gif
Xplorer
Xplorer

Yes the 320 is a pretty cool little unit for the price. Basically you are getting a Lowrance x87 minus the fast track digital flasher option that is on the lowrance. For the extra cost I really don't see the lowrance to be worth it. Plus in in your price range the Lowrance wouldn't fit $289. The 320 still does have a fast track option but it shows up like a bar on the side of the digital display rather than an actual flasher. I haven't decided yet but I am pretty sure that I am going to pick up a 320 yet this spring.

Humminbird are blowing out a bunch of systems you may want to look at them. I know they are selling a bunch of the older Z-Marine products.