• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jigging Rapallas

paceman

Had a buddy out recently that did very well on walleyes using a jigging rap. I have never tried that. Looked at a few videos online and it looks like a good option for late summer through fall. Anybody else use or tried them ?

A good option when vertical jigging. I'll have one on one rod and a jig on another.( we can use two rods  in Ia.) Also a great lure for newbies. Just get them sweeping it up and down touching the bottom once in a while. The fish will just be on! Don't have to explain what a bite feels like.  

theres only one issue they don't tell you about with these.  unless you are fishing sand or mud, be prepared to lose A LOT of them.  

we watched all these pros clobber walleyes with these baits and i went out and bought about 10 of various colors and sizes.  they work really well but what they don't tell you is some of those guys go through 50-100 of them a day.   we lost all of ours fishing the rocks.  it certainly worked better than jigs or trolling over the top of them did but we were quickly frustrated after a handful of hours and had worked our way through them all almost.  if you didn't let them hit the bottom you didn't get bit . there were times where the fish ate them and unsnagged them they are such good baits. 

I like them, but  try to use them in the right bottom environments. My favorite jigging lure for Walleye is the Rapala Rippin' Rap #7. Rapala recently came out with a #6 size of the Slab Rap, which I also use quite a bit.Try the UV colors.

This is my first post guys....glad to be here.

H L

Edited by H L Jackson
typo