Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

delcecchi

What happens when...

26 posts in this topic

Most jobs done by average people are instead done by robots?  Truck driver and taxis replaced by self driving vehicles.   Counter people replaced by kiosks.  Y'all get the picture.  What does that mean for society? 

18 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Most jobs done by average people are instead done by robots?  Truck driver and taxis replaced by self driving vehicles.   Counter people replaced by kiosks.  Y'all get the picture.  What does that mean for society? 

Watch Wally 

56 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Watch Wally 

No original thoughts, eh?

As the time line runs on the world would evolve into a more higher intelligent species. 

Muh! Who cares, we will all be on Welfare letting the robots work and pay for us! :)

Oh wait, thought I was someone else there for a minute! :/

5 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Del I would say people should get educated in robot and kiosk repair or design.  

Reportedly there are 3.5 million professional truck drivers.  At the moment, or at least relatively recently there is a shortage of drivers and they make decent money.  So, lots of incentive for automation.

18 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Reportedly there are 3.5 million professional truck drivers.  At the moment, or at least relatively recently there is a shortage of drivers and they make decent money.  So, lots of incentive for automation.

I guess I'm not exactly sure where you are going Del.  I'm sure their used to be a lot of TV repair men but times changed and if your goal now days is to be a TV repair man well I guess you better get in the welfare line.  But hey they still give Libral Arts degrees.

Del actually asked a very legitimate question, and think we are already seeing the answer. More concentrated money/power to those that own the automation and more and more depressed wages with a service orientated economy as a result. Most jobs out there right now are lower income service jobs, a few ok paying government type jobs......and an ok amount of decent paying trucking and higher skilled trades. Think with the trucking, there are so many regulations .....for good or bad....that we are seeing a shortage. In this state, they are increasingly being taken up by the Somalis that will continue to depress that wage as well. If one can pull yourself up from your bootstraps at 20,000-25,000 grand a year the possibilities are endless.......

7 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Del actually asked a very legitimate question, and think we are already seeing the answer. More concentrated money/power to those that own the automation and more and more depressed wages with a service orientated economy as a result. Most jobs out there right now are lower income service jobs, a few ok paying government type jobs......and an ok amount of decent paying trucking and higher skilled trades. Think with the trucking, there are so many regulations .....for good or bad....that we are seeing a shortage. In this state, they are increasingly being taken up by the Somalis that will continue to depress that wage as well. If one can pull yourself up from your bootstraps at 20,000-25,000 grand a year the possibilities are endless.......

Yeah, thanks Obama!

obama-meme-generator-calm-down-people-we-ll-create-more-jobs-e08bcc.jpg

14 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Two million Americans have gone off the grid in the last decade.

So this tells me there is still a few whose preference is to be independent.

You'll be forced out of your home in Rochester for a 400sq ft stacked apartment building like Cabrini-Green in Minneapolis.  Of course there will be some smoke screen like an epidemic and you're forced out for your own good.  I know it sounds movie-like but its not too far out there with globalist ideas.

Oh but it'll be like the Jetson's and everything will be fine and dandy.

20 hours ago, pushbutton said:

In this state, they are increasingly being taken up by the Somalis that will continue to depress that wage as well. If one can pull yourself up from your bootstraps at 20,000-25,000 grand a year the possibilities are endless.......

That only effects the middle class whites who only aspire to be middle class with middle class class skills with a palate for upper middle class tastes.

Edited by JigSawJimmy

On 7/7/2016 at 4:36 PM, delcecchi said:

Just like your prediction about the 2 party system, it won't happen in you're lifetime. So why worry?

Already happening. Do you know something about my life span that I don't?

What happens when you don't "keep your hands on the wheel at all times" when running on autopilot?

10 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Already happening. Do you know something about my life span that I don't?

Truck drivers are being replaced by self driving vehicles? Where is this happening? I haven't seen one empty truck driving down the road yet.

10 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Truck drivers are being replaced by self driving vehicles? Where is this happening? I haven't seen one empty truck driving down the road yet.

Give it a few years.

17 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Give it a few years.

So it's not happening and will probably never happen in your lifetime.