Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

rkhinrichs

When is your favorite time to fish?

14 posts in this topic

Overall, when is your favorite time to fish? (Spring or fall) and for what species? 

fall... the leafs changing, its starting to get cool.  rivers are more stable.  and i'm usually chasing walleyes.  boat, shore, i'm happy regardless. 

spring fishing is great but the river fluctuates alot, its muddier, and i'm generally lamenting that ice fishing is over.

Edited by hnd

Fall. Days are cooler, the sun isn't beating as directly on you, leaves are turning, and the stripers start hitting hard...:)

Hmmm...spring is pretty good. But so is fall. Winter is pretty good too. Summer also has it's moments. 

Not even a contest that winter is my favorite time of the fishing year.  Nothing beats getting out on the ice and pursuing fish.  Fall would be second as the air is getting crisp, the leaves are changing color, and the fish are moving back to the shallows.  As far as favorite fish to catch, I enjoy chasing rainbow and lake trout, as well as perch and bluegills.

Edited by Scott O.

Early summer for me. Most fish are feeding heavily and are more predictable! Love getting up early and watching the sunrise while on the water!

Fall time..........no swatting bugs, no cottonwood, lack of algae, lack of other folks on the water.

For me early season! I would love to start fishing the fall but when bow season comes I want to hunt ever chance I get! But after this year, I think I'm going to make a rule about not bow hunting in till October 20 when the pre rut starts!!!

I like any time I can get away from end of June to mid Sept. Many a night time jaunts, lakes are dead still most nights Me being the only person out there. Walleye and bass seem to like the night to hunt also.  

:grin:  Al

I have favorite times for different species. As far as fishing goes, the year progresses thus:

January - trout through the ice

Feb - trout, or panfish just to pass time

March - panfish, chores

April - chores, panfish

May - walleyes

June - everything, but muskies start to take hold

July - chores, recreational boating, muskies

August - muskies

September - muskies

October - muskies, walleyes

November - (deer)

December - walleyes

Spring for anything in season, especially Bass and Pike.

Well I guess I have to say.... July for musky

image.jpeg