Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

LHarris

Andy n Goes a Mousing

1 post in this topic

Andy N Goes A Mousing

So len I finally found some time to make it out mousing...never did that last time I emailed you a few weeks ago...just never had time to make it out fishing...but last night I made sure I did...

started around midnight at castle rock...few splashes there but no hook ups..then fished the plunge pool on mill by the community park with no hits..was 4 am at that point so I headed westward...

arrived there around 430 and got in the river and started casting mice patterns on my 7wt...second cast I hooked up with a monster....but was a big male brown and had the fly in his jaw...5 min later he did a big head shake sending the fly back into my face...

thought I was going to cry...so took two last cast as far upstream as possible....second cast a monster inhaled my mouse on the third strip....

prolly a 15 min battle...thank god I went and bought a bigger net after fishing with you....thank you again for all your help...truly caught a fish of a lifetime and he is still swimming.

andynbrownSC1.jpg

measurements were 27.5"...guessing over 8#...fish was a true tank

andynbrownSC.jpg
Edited by LHarris