Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
rl_sd

Wheel house bunk design

So.... Like the rest of you, I am anxiously waiting until I can once again walk on hard water. While I wait, I am constantly thinking of ways to improve the wheel house that we built last spring (and got to use very little last year... grrr). One think that I would like to do is add an additional bed that is easy to use and takes up little space. I originally planned on trying out a Polarbird Transformer chair (http://polarbird.com/menu_chairs/chair-transformer) which were originally planned to be made available last March... and still aren't.

Is there anyone else out there that has done something similar? I am open to any suggestions or comments, other than "Buy a cot"

Here is what I am thinking....

• 2 piece ladder design with three center hinge points
    • Each side is 18"
    • Two separate 18" cushions
  • 1/2" plywood on wall side
  • 1/4" plywood and 5/16 pin on side facing the center of the house
  • Multi-purpose as both a bench or bed by implement hinge brace
  • Four leg system when in bed mode
    • No legs needed in "bench mode"
    • May end up adding an additional hinge point and removing the center leg

Here are some sketchup pics....

AluminumBed_bench.jpg

AluminumBed_bench1.jpg

AluminumBed_bench2.jpg

AluminumBed_bench3.jpg

AluminumBed_bench4.jpg

AluminumBed_bench5.jpg

AluminumBed_bench6.jpg

Edited by rl_sd

Cant see the pics, and when you say bunk, are you talking elevated?  That's what I picture when I hear bunk but no legs.  Unless you mean fully portable?

Edit- just saw the video, definitely portable.  Not sure, I want everything permenant in ours but curious to see what you come up with.

Edited by Moon Lake Refuge

6 minutes ago, Moon Lake Refuge said:

Cant see the pics, and when you say bunk, are you talking elevated?  That's what I picture when I hear bunk but no legs.  Unless you mean fully portable?

Edit- just saw the video, definitely portable.  Not sure, I want everything permenant in ours but curious to see what you come up with.

Yeah... It looked fine before submitted, but the pictures didn't come through. Should be there now...

7 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Yeah... It looked fine before submitted, but the pictures didn't come through. Should be there now...

Just a thought, but you think about just building a permanent bench with three compartments?  You could just remove the center cushion and open a hatch to still have fishable access to that hole.  I haven't seen the insides of a lot of 6.5's so it may not be ideal with the space, just always a little sturdier when you build from the ground up, plus the additional storage.

5 hours ago, Moon Lake Refuge said:

Just a thought, but you think about just building a permanent bench with three compartments?  You could just remove the center cushion and open a hatch to still have fishable access to that hole.  I haven't seen the insides of a lot of 6.5's so it may not be ideal with the space, just always a little sturdier when you build from the ground up, plus the additional storage.

I see what you are saying but like keeping an open floor plan. The only time that we would use the bench is when there is three of us. The center hole underneath the bunk is usually used for the camera. There are four holes on the other wall that we normally fish out of. The nice part of the design is that it only takes up about 4" of wall space and only weighs about 20 lbs