• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Okuma Reels????

Bushwacker

Question

4 answers to this question

I have a buddy how owns a couple of them and he likes them. The only knock I have on them is that they don't make reels small enough for me. Most of their products are a little meatier than I like many of my reels. Particularly for jigging and ice fishing, I don't need much in way of line capacity. If, however, you're looking for a reel with large line capacity and not overly concerned about the weight of the reel, I hear good things about them.
Scoot

I've got two epixor reels. ones a eb30 and the other is a eb20. both are bait clicker spinning reels. mine are a little heaver than the average reel but I have an extra drag and some extra gears. my eb20 holds 6/110 yds and they have a smaller er15 but that doesn't have the bait clicker. One thing I don't like is the gear ratio. I am used to the 5.3:1 ratio so this feels very differnt.

I have have heard from some fishing friends that the drags are more than adequate, but the casting is not that good and the clickers don't hold out that well under pressure. I can't say first hand, just letting you know what I have heard from a couple different people.

------------------
Jim Reed
See my custom rods @
http://countrykatfishing.com