• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Navionics won't open

nofishfisherman

Question

I haven't used my Navionics app for awhile but when I went to open it the other day it only opens to the home screen and then i see a spinning icon like its trying to load but never does.  It just sits on that screen and the icon keeps spinning.  I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but no change.

I'm using a Galaxy S6 and have used it on this phone just fine in the past.  

Any thought son a fix?  I have heard they now require a annual subcription but it sounded like the basic version should still work.  Is that correct?  I haven't seen anything in the app or in the play store about a renewal subscription but then again i can't open the app so see it its in there.

7 answers to this question

works fine for me I just opened it on my iphone6 and I dont have an annual subscription just the basic $9.99 version.

do you have the app up to date? did you try and reboot your phone? i dont remember how been a while since I have had an android phone but is there a way to force stop the app and then clear the cache? You could try that and then attempt to log back in.

The other thing is do you have it set to only download update on wifi only?

It was all up to date and I had done all of the force stop stuff several times.  

I just came back from lunch and tried it again and wouldn't you know it works now.  I didn't do anything differently just hit the app button and this time it worked right away.  Go figure.  

Now that I'm into the app everything is the same and I don't see any subscription info so I assume its all good to go.  

I don't believe it should require an internet connection to open the app since its downloaded onto my phone along with all of the maps I've downloaded.  I've used the app in the BWCA miles away from the nearest cell signal not to mention internet connection and it worked prefectly.  Now I'm here sitting in the office with a solid wifi signal and it wouldn't open, also wouldn't open at home with wifi.  It opened ok for awhile after lunch but now won't open again. 

The Navonics boating app resides on your cell phone. It does not require WiFi to open and use. Wifi is necessary when you re-install the app from Google Play. I say Google play as that is where android phones get their apps.  Suggest you go to Google Play, than uninstall and download and install. Navionics released an update on May 10, 2016 that fixed a bunch of bugs and did a great improvement on the GPS refresh and tracking form a 30 to 45 second refresh to refresh every 1/2 to 1 second. After you re-install you will need to again download your lake region.