Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
BoxMN

I learned something new - acid stain

My cousin showed me to acid stain my concrete in my basement (with wirsbo/heat in floor). This is from the bathroom, where he "made" me grind in some cool grout lines to look like big tile. Now that I know how to do it, and have confidence, I am going to put a really cool pattern with BIG diagnol tiles at the bottom of the stairs out to the walkout door, when I get that far..

The "copper petina" or greenish is a bedroom, and it was and Amber color first, followed by Copper Petina, followed with a hint of some dark browns over the top. It was neat to do, but they left me to do the mopping afterward, haha!! The mopping is a hassle but certainly not hard. The little splotch in the bedroom was a spill :)

IMG_4481.JPG

bathroom floor 2.jpg

bathroom floor 3.jpg

bathroom floor.jpg

bedroom 1.jpg

IMG_4474.JPG

Edited by BoxMN

It looks good.I am in the midst of a home renovation right now.I thought about getting either a ceramic tile or porcelain.I read a blog that listed out the benefits of having both ( http://www.avonlearenovations.com/blog/home-renovations/ceramic-versus-porcelain-tile-does-the-difference-matter-to-you/ ). Can this acid paint be done on either of these tiles? 

I am no pro, obviously, but I am pretty sure the stain cannot be used over those, as they already have finishes on them. If it has ever been sealed or other type "finish" applied to it, the stain won't be absorbed and react with the floor/concrete. For example, even areas that had drippings of pvc cement do not react with teh stain. The acid stain has some type of chemical reaction with the content of the concrete. 

I do know that you can keep adding additional acid stain, or even water based stain, as long as you don't seal the floor. Just make sure to always start with lighter stain, and move to darker, as once the reaction takes place there is no going back or making a lighter color cover the darker color.

I did an additional room using only water based stain and it not nearly as cool looking or deep colors as the acid stain. Had I known you can add acid over water based, before sealer, I would not have added the sealer over the coatings of water based, but added more acid to change color a bit.

Others more knowledgeable than me can correct anything I misspoke about.

While they may look complicated and scary to work with, it is not too difficult.

A little practice and creativity.

First pic is done by means of hand tossing (or little different pattern is by spray bottle) xylene or denatured alcohol onto epoxy.

Sticks, leaf blowers/hairdryers, back rolling/ Swedish trowels all give a certain pattern.

You can see in pic 2 back rolling can give an acid stain appearance.

Pic 3 is blown.

Just a bummer product price is not super friendly.

However epoxy can take quite a beating, including acids.