• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lid on or off?

Seared on both sides quickly over high heat then moved over for indirect heat with lid on to finish.

As for potatoes  started early ofcourse,  oiled then salted with kosher salt direct heat till skin is crisp then turned over to crisp the other side then indirect heat the remaider of time much better than aluminum wraped. Poke with fork when some resistance to flesh start steaks

Great points waker,  I wish I took after shots Cuz the steaks were perfect. The taters on the weber I usually do this way, however on the big charcoal grill I oil them up and put in the warming rack, have not tried kosher salt,  but will next time.  Thanks for the ideas.

Old work buddy coming over for a cook out...full rack of smoked baby backs, some CSR's slathered in sauce, italian rotini with cherry tomatos salad,  southern pit grillin' beans,egg/chive tater salad, smoked gouda mac salad, his calico bean dish, garlic toast, giant green tops, radishes, olives, iced tea, pink lemonade, watermelon, root beer floats, and whatever else he brings. If we can move, I'll get some pics...:crazy: :P

WHOOPS! I posted this on Bobber's thread instead of under "just food and drink"...man, I'm gettin' old and confused, I guess. Sorry, boober!!  And ya, we ate most of it, Smurfo, My buddy took home a CSR for later...the rest is all  gone. Baby back is cut in half to fit grill....*Urp*burp*  :crazy:

Forgot to get pic of ribs with BBQ sauce slathered on 'em...we had our noses in appetizers. :P

DSC02295.JPG

DSC02297.JPG