• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Creek Chubs

busse3775

I've targeted them before years ago with tiny ice jigs and a bit of worm, 2 lb test on an ultralight.

But I've never used a minnow trap for them, not sure on the legal transportation of them these days with invasive species and all that.

Minnesota DNR page

Bait

Can I take my own minnows and leeches?

Yes, if you have a fishing license, you can take an unlimited number of minnows and leeches for personal use only. However, you can only transport up to 12 dozen at a time. Where can I take minnows and leeches? With some exceptions, you can take them from all waters of the state where you can legally access the water. Exceptions include: • Most infested waters • All streams and connected waters in Lincoln, Pipestone, Murray, Rock and Nobles counties south of U.S. Highway 14 and west of U.S. Highway 59 to the South Dakota border. • A harvest permit is required to take madtoms and stonecats in Dodge, Freeborn and Mower counties. When can I harvest bait from infested waters? • Minnows and leeches may be taken for personal use from waters infested solely with Eurasian watermilfoil using a cylindrical trap not exceeding 16 inches in diameter and 32 inches long. • Bullhead, sucker, mooneye, goldeye and sheepshead may be taken by hook and line from infested rivers or streams for personal use as bait for fishing on the same river or stream where the bait was taken. This bait may not be transported live from or off the river or stream. Where the river or stream is divided by barriers such as