Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Schubie

Minn Kota terrova help

I have a just over 2 year old terrova co pilot 24 volt that I need help with where to look to hopefully fix.  

When I run the motor it runs slower than what it should run and when I hit 10 on the control switch to go as fast as it will go it shuts off. If I reset to 7 it will restart as soon as I start it but runs slow. Go up to 10 and it quits.  There is not line on the prop shaft. It does this with bothe the remote and the foot drive  

The batteries by the on  board charger are charged full. I have not had a chance to get an actual meter read yet.  I do not think it is a relay as it does not need time to reset. 

Please share some thoughts with me

Thanks

Schubie

OK, two guesses.....Or maybe 3...

1.  Battery (at least one) is bad.  you think it is charged but voltage drops way down under load.  

2.  Bad connection somewhere.  again causes voltage drop. 

3.  some water got into the torpedo due to a bad seal and it is gooked up in there. 

My wager would be on #1.  

Thanks delecchi for the reply and suggestions to try.  Would I be able to test batteries on land or will I need to meter while on water under a load ?

After checking batteries and connections would I dare tear apart the torpedo to check on seal or is that just a repair shop check?  

Thanks agsin for a direction to start trying. I really appreciate this.

Schubie

Batteries need to be tested under load.   Cheapest way is in the water.   Or, you can take them to a place and get them tested. 

While running, it should be somewhere in the range of 11.5 volts or above. 

If you have a amp meter, you should be able to tell if it is the motor by measuring the current draw.   But if it isn't the battery or the wire, got to be the motor.  I took an old minnkota 65 apart years ago and cleaned it out.  It was sort of tricky to get back together.  I would take it in if it isn't the batteries.  They can test it easily to see if it is the motor. 

Delecchi,

Wow I am drawing a ton of power out of those batteries. Before load the batteries were at 11.47 and 10.54. After 15 secs of running at full power in a garbage can full of water The troller  slows to a crawl and stops. Batteries were at 7.15 and 2.6. 

Called stealth charging to make sure charger and wiring is correct. Danny is rocking great. Things look to be correct there. 

Next step ? Take troller in?  What do you guys think? 

Thanks 

schubie 

Thanks guys. I know it sounds very odd. But I swear it is Not 30 seconds to dead. It starts out running normal and quickly slows down then shuts self off. I'm so frustrated. Both batteries going bad just seems odd they are both 2 yrs use 3 yrs old. Stored in heated garage with the maintainer on them. I will take batteries to the interstate sales place and have them checked out but I am concerned about the quick loss of power. (I don't want an explosion)

Thank you for all input. This just sounds stupid! It should not be that hard.

Schubie

Thank you.  Batteries are fully charged. And now out of boat. Taking in to be load tested as soon as possible in morning.  

I appreciate the help. 

Schubie 

You guys were right on! Both batteries were bad under a load. 

Interstate group 27 new 2014. Bought 2 new ones and everything seems right with the world. 

I appreciate the insight and help. 

Time to fish!

schubie 

AWESOME!! Great info for ALL of us to keep in mind. Thanks for the guys helping you trouble shooting, and for  posting your findings. Seems we all run into problems with trolling motors from time to time.