• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass baits for kids?

Double

Hello-  Looking for recommendations for baits that kids can throw for bass.  We typically throw Scum Frogs & Senkos.  Looking for other baits that catch bass, but equally as important, that are kid-friendly.  By that I mean easy for a kid to throw and to hook bass on.  

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

How young are the kids? My kids are young, so I have them use torpedoes, jointed rapalas, or flat raps. Real easy to cast, and stay on/or close to the surface so they won't get stuck too often. They really get a kick out of it when a bass or pike explodes on a surface lure.

Pre rigged worms. 

image.gif

like these. The weedless ones too. The hooks tend to be small and crazy sharp. The fish often hook themselves even by trying to spit the bait. 

Just toss them out, let them sink a little and reel them back slow. No need to "set" the hook. A fantastic way to introduce kids to bass fishing.

Jigworms are easy, and great fish catchers.  Or Swimbaits?  I'm just talking a Mushroom head and the "swimbait" style trailer.  Those catch tons of fish and cast like a dream, and a single hook is also kinda helpful when the inevitable happens...

Swim jigs are great for kids. Can easily throw them on a spinning rod with braid if necessary, and they catch bass, pike, rock bass... Plus they're pretty snag-free.