Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

pushbutton

So.......

53 posts in this topic

.......if someone is on a terrorist no fly list, someone being tracked by Homeland Security for terrorist ties, or someone is actually interviewed by the FBI for making terrorist threats.....should there be any type of further vetting above and beyond the current law before they get their gun? 

Sure wish Lmit would come out of retirement and do his famous chicken dance ;)

Push!!!!.......you been hacked???

Looks like Leech learned some of those dance moves from Papa. Care to answer the question?

I believe he wasn't on any lists, except possibly no fly.  His case was closed after his second interview with FBI, it is said.  He even worked for Homeland security as a contractor.   But again this is all early info.  

"see something, say something, get labeled racist"

RebelSS likes this

26 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

When did this happen in this case? Or are you just making it up?

One thing that really disturbs me is when we have a national tragedy like this and people try to use it to score political points to promote their agenda. I'm talking about people on both sides of the aisle

RebelSS, upnorth, jerkbait and 1 other like this

If liberals treated a jihadi terrorist like they do global warming this issue would have been squashed already.   Maybe if 5 of the 300  liberals in the joint would have charged this one terrorist only 3 or 4 would be dead.   

leech~~ and jerkbait like this

5 hours ago, pushbutton said:

.......if someone is on a terrorist no fly list, someone being tracked by Homeland Security for terrorist ties, or someone is actually interviewed by the FBI for making terrorist threats.....should there be any type of further vetting above and beyond the current law before they get their gun?

Maybe you can answer it by stating.  And I feel........ instead for Troll baiting! :/

2 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Maybe you can answer it by stating.  And I feel........ instead for Troll baiting! :/

I hooked him a 16 pound walleye but could care less.   Starting topics that way is what the geniuses down here in silly town do.   

leech~~ likes this

52 minutes ago, roony said:

One thing that really disturbs me is when we have a national tragedy like this and people try to use it to score political points to promote their agenda. I'm talking about people on both sides of the aisle

I agree totally with ya, roon ol' boy. Watched an Islam female professor (of Islam) last nite on the news state she thinks Obama used it to further his stance on gun control. She was interesting. Said he's scared to use the words "radical Islam" when she, and her Islam colleagues all see it as just that...and that Obama "just doesn't get it". I'm just repeating what she said...but I agree.

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

I believe he wasn't on any lists, except possibly no fly.  His case was closed after his second interview with FBI, it is said.  He even worked for Homeland security as a contractor.   But again this is all early info.  

I saw that too, Del.

6 hours ago, pushbutton said:

What other type of vetting would you like? Cavity search maybe?

You don't thing a person who wants a gun can get one even if they can't buy it legally? How on earth do people get all those illegal drugs?

Lol. So far looks like Eyeguy is the only one not dancing. Leech, Down to Earth, Dave.....terrorist no fly list.....still OK as is?

I don't know much about the no-fly list. What are the reasons one is placed on this list? Could it be things like getting drunk and a little unruly on the plane? 

My point before was that it doesn't matter what list you are on and how illegal you make it for someone to purchase a gun, if they want one they will get one.

53 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I don't know much about the no-fly list. What are the reasons one is placed on this list? Could it be things like getting drunk and a little unruly on the plane? 

My point before was that it doesn't matter what list you are on and how illegal you make it for someone to purchase a gun, if they want one they will get one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/terrorist-watch-list_n_5617599.html

That is the terror watch list. About a million people on it. The no fly list is about a tenth of that. No doubt there are people unfairly on both. Looking at the names on the TSA list though, don't see many Ethel Johnsons. So who is going to go to second amendment bat for this team?

http://www.no-fly-list.com

Push, are you implying that if you have a middle eastern/Muslim surname you should be on a no fly list and be flagged, denying a gun purchase?

Ok, you were referring to name patterns on the list a couple times, so I was just asking.

As far as your question, if we had a true Idea of how the background checks and current vetting process actually worked I would give you a better opinion.  

In this instance I am not sure how he wasn't flagged, or exactly why he wasn't investigated farther by the FBI.  If it was found his threats or the reports of him where unfounded what more could they do?  Unfortunately, there was something to it all, hindsight is 20/20.

I do know, just because someone would accuse me of something, it shouldn't be a punishment for me unless I was found to be guilty of it!  I can live with that for others as well.

I find it sickening that this horrific event has quickly turned into a gun battle!  When are we going to start holding the PERSON/PEOPLE with the responsibility!  This isn't a gun issue, this is a people and cultural problem (I am NOT inferring this is Muslim problem ) here in the U.S.  We seem to have lost our abilities to deal with our disappointment, anger, and differences.  Instead of dealing with it, we blame someone or something else for it, taking no responsibility to it ourselves.  We need to take OUR society back, and have some moral basis to our ways! Our societal foundation is weakening.

Edited by ANYFISH2
PurpleFloyd and jerkbait like this