Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

vermilionfox

1998 Ford E350 Vacuum Leak

3 posts in this topic

I have a 1998 Ford E350 that has a vacuum leak that causes the A/C to go from the vents to the floor when under a heavy load ( when towing boat/trailer and going uphill for example). I have isolated the leak to either the A/C vacuum reservoir or the check valve for it. Both are a major pain to get to as it requires removing the dashboard and the evaporator core housing assembly. Could I bypass both those by rerouting the hoses and setting up a new reservoir and check valve in a more accessible location? Any ideas?

You can try this. A lot faster than pulling the evap housing....

e150HVACcanisterfenderhole.jpg

Jeremy thanks for the info! I decided to run with a new tank on the inside. Finished it up in about 2 hours.I put it up on top of the housing that holds the heater core (I think). Rerouted the vacuum line in through the firewall and sealed the hole with hi-temp sealer. Put in a check valve then the tank and from the tank up to the controls in the dash. Took it out for a test drive towing the boat afterward. Works perfectly! Ran up some big hills at about 55 and gave it some gas and no drop out of the A/C!

Jeremy airjer W likes this