Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

leech~~

Train up a child in the way they should go, And they will not depart from it

13 posts in this topic

Check one off my 5 year old grandson's bucket list. Since last year when he was 4 he wanted to "go Walleye fishing in grandpa's big boat"!

Set him up with a 6 foot ugly stick rod and reel, lindy rig and leech and told him to hold on with both hands! I never prayed so hard when he hooked it that he didn't lose it at the boat or grandpa miss netted it! :( :D

I never helped him reel it in or anything because by the time I turned to get the net he had it cranked up to the boat! :lol:

IMG_2332.JPG

RebelSS, westguy, mabr and 8 others like this

Alright!!! Good job, Leech! Bet that made both of your days....:)

leech~~ likes this

10 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Alright!!! Good job, Leech! Bet that made both of your days....:)

Yes it did. I was sweating bullets until it was in the net because he cranked it up so green it was diving at the boat big time. And I remember back when I was young and had the biggest pike I ever had in my life yet on, and a buddy of my uncles miss netted it and pulled the hook out of it's mouth and I lost it. My dad was pissed at the guy and I thought he was going to knock him out of the boat! :P

Now we know who his favorite grandpa is!:)

Congratulations to both of you.

leech~~ likes this

took the son and granddaughter out this morning, for being 5, she will do great! yes we caught fish too!

leech~~ likes this

That is great!  Hopefully he follows the path you started him on.  I have 3 grandsons 3 and under and can't wait to get them in the boat.

leech~~ likes this

On 6/11/2016 at 2:13 PM, Mike89 said:

took the son and granddaughter out this morning, for being 5, she will do great! yes we caught fish too!

Grandpa, don't forget the camera next time! :(

3 hours ago, slammer said:

That is great!  Hopefully he follows the path you started him on.  I have 3 grandsons 3 and under and can't wait to get them in the boat.

We have a 2 1/2 year old grandson as well. He pulled a few nice Bass off the dock but when it came Walleye time in the boat. Grandma had to run interference and find something for him to do in town.

the camera is a good but I can't post yet.  need to get a new one so I have a usb cord, the late wife did all that stuff.  oh well and thanks!!

leech~~ likes this

3 hours ago, Mike89 said:

the camera is a good but I can't post yet.  need to get a new one so I have a usb cord, the late wife did all that stuff.  oh well and thanks!!

Is it a camera with a card that comes out or a phone?   If it is a phone you should be able to upload pictures wireless to icloud or something like dropbox.   Then download to computer.    If it is a camera with SD card get a little reader thing if there isn't a sd slot in your computer. 

that will not work either, I have a flip phone yet

9 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

that will not work either, I have a flip phone yet

Me too and they want $100 bucks for the driver to down load pictures!! :eek:

Had this little guy out on LoTW over the 4th weekend.  3 days in the boat and never got sick or bored. I was nervous about taking him on the trip, but he handled it like a pro. (yes the life jacket went on right after the pic)

fin boat.jpg

He turned 3 on the 5th.

leech~~ likes this