• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Top water Frogs?

mrklean

Yes indeed, as bassfshin24 said, now is prime time! I keep a frog tied on from now until ice-up, pretty much. You can throw it at emergent vegetation, looking for anything that's a little different...thicker patches, points, holes/gaps in the cover. You can pull it over the top of submerged grass. You can throw em at docks, at logs/downed timber. Frogs are super way more versatile than a lot of people think. Also, while early and late day are great for frogging, you can absolutely catch good fish on frogs all day long if the conditions are right.

All this frog talk is making me seriously consider burning a personal day on Wednesday and heading over to Leech to frog the rice.

X2 on froggin in the heat, I feel that's when I have the best luck hopping it off the bank and bam it gets smoked right away...Headed up to Vermilion to fish for some largies in the morning can't wait

Sunny, mid morning, mid summer. BTW i love early morning fishing for bass and many other species but for big bass 10am can be great. Big girls play by their own rules or do not want to compete with scrappy 2 and 3lbrs or something.

Catch and release-good luck

I throw them pretty much anytime the fish are up shallow in the weeds. Just got back from a 2 week trip to Western MN and used them quite a bit during that time. Gave the Livetarget Sunfish a workout too. It doesn't cast very well but it walks like a champ.

4ef58a78-dcea-4f34-9c9e-ccb45eae0c27.jpg