• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Savant - anyone else going?

Three weeks from today, the caravan departs for my group's annual pilgrimage to Cat Track Lodge on Lake Savant. Just wondering if anyone else has plans to visit Savant this summer - always fun to compare notes, pictures, patterns etc. Last year was a banner year for walleyes, though the pike fishing was a little slow. Looking forward to more of the same from my favorite lake in the world!

Went to Cliff and Roma's second week of September.  Windy windy windy.... Almost all fish were in 35 to 40 feet of water up by 3 Sisters.  Bear Trap, Never Freeze and Narrows big thumbs down.  Spent most of the time trying to control boat and not drown.  Kind of dangerous backtrolling in 3 feet of waves. Guy up front of boat did well.

I've never fished up there in September. Is Never Freeze usually good that time of year? I wouldn't think fish would be in that area in the fall. Glad you stayed safe; Savant can get angry when the wind is up. 

Seeing this reminds me I never posted a report! Our trip the last week of June was incredible. No giant pike, but more 32-36" gators than I have ever caught. Walleye fishing was awesome for both numbers and size. Some of the usual spots for that time of year were completely empty...we think it is because weed growth was WAY behind, but we're not sure. We had to hunt a little more to find them this year, but when we found em, we found em good. One island we had never fished before was a honey hole for 22-27" walleyes, and some really nice pike as well.

Can't wait til next year!