• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storage under queen bed

I have a queen bed up front just over my under storage.  I can access more storage under the bed from inside.  Wasn't an issue with the crummy thin bed that came with the RV but I replaced it with a full size home mattress that now makes getting under there almost impossible by yourself.  Anyone else have this issue, or done anything to make it more managable?  I can get in but definitely not my wife and hate to lose the storage.  Right now I just put my hitch, electric heater and some other longer term storage items under there.

Our camper queen bed has a storage area under it also. The mattress sits on a sheet of plywood and has pressure lifts like for a car hood or back hatch under it and is hinged on one end. When ever we need something under it we just lift up and the lifts help lift it up.  Works pretty nice. ;)

shopping.jpg

Edited by leech~~

5 minutes ago, Moon Lake Refuge said:

Mine is the same setup and the lifts worked on the last mattress but now with a thicker mattress it doesnt lift as easy and definitely doesnt stay up.  Thinking about putting some kind of lock in there to hold it up...

Or check around to see if you can get stronger lifts?

I also have room in the camper for a full size queen mattress so I am looking for one to put in there before our black hills trip this month. We even talked about taking the one off of our bed at home and putting it in the camper for our trip so I know I will be able to sleep well.

On June 5, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Moon Lake Refuge said:

I tried one and wasn't super comfortable for me, might have to give another one a shot though.  Which brand did you go for? 

Moon Lake - sorry, I can't remember a brand name and didn't find any packaging from when we bought it.  I do know I was surprised we chose the Walmart line over others we looked at.  It seemed like the best one.