• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Picture of the baby back ribs i smoked on the Weber today

On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Big Dave2 said:

:P

bones.jpg

Wait now. Both these were posted May 30th. You didn't eat these all in one day did you Dave? What was your Doctors number again? :lol:

brats_jpg_e0e977256543e660a4d55b5a8207a943.jpg

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Wait now. Both these were posted May 30th. You didn't eat these all in one day did you Dave? What was your Doctors number again? :lol:

brats_jpg_e0e977256543e660a4d55b5a8207a943.jpg

The brats were made and consumed on Sunday and the Ribs on Monday of Memorial Day weekend. My doctor would commend me however if you called him because I am on a low carb diet which basically means I can eat almost all the good meat I want to!

9 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

The brats were made and consumed on Sunday and the Ribs on Monday of Memorial Day weekend. My doctor would commend me however if you called him because I am on a low carb diet which basically means I can eat almost all the good meat I want to!

I know right! I keep telling my wife that I can eat all the cheese I want because they have zero carb's! :D

She says, honey it's the fat, cholesterol & sodium that will kill you!

She's such a buzz kill! :(

index.png

10 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

Looks like you need to work on your cob cleaning skills.  You could feed a small African village with the corn you left on that cob.:)

The corn wasn't that good or I would have cleaned it up like a hoover vacuum cleaner. Can't wait for the local fresh stuff to be ready!

12 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I know right! I keep telling my wife that I can eat all the cheese I want because they have zero carb's! :D

She says, honey it's the fat, cholesterol & sodium that will kill you!

She's such a buzz kill! :(

index.png

Have her read up on low carb diets.  You aren't supposed to worry about fat and you actually need to consume more sodium than the average person.

51 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

The corn wasn't that good or I would have cleaned it up like a hoover vacuum cleaner. Can't wait for the local fresh stuff to be ready!

Have her read up on low carb diets.  You aren't supposed to worry about fat and you actually need to consume more sodium than the average person.

Can I have you call her please? She's kind of like Jill, always on my Ars! :P

On Wednesday, June 08, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Big Dave2 said:

My doc says eat all the "white" cheese I want, just limit the "yellow" cheese.  That was good to hear for me as I eat 2+pounds of cheese a week!:blush:

47 minutes ago, ANYFISH2 said:

My doc says eat all the "white" cheese I want, just limit the "yellow" cheese.  That was good to hear for me as I eat 2+pounds of cheese a week!:blush:

2+ pounds Holy craap! :eek:  Well or maybe not at all! :D

tumblr_mn1d89DSo91sqqzljo1_500.gif

Edited by leech~~

17 hours ago, ANYFISH2 said:

I eat lots of cheese too but I never heard of a difference between white and yellow cheese. What's the difference?

Cholesterol and fat content.  As well as A LOT of yellow cheese is at least partially processed(essentially flavored plastic) example velveeta, and american.

I love pizzas, burgers, lasagna, hotdishes, as well as salads.  All of which is best with generous amounts of cheese!:D

After 21 years of processing and packaging a VERY well known companies product, I will tell you that the only difference between white and colored processed cheese is 2 additives. One additive is `Annetto` and the second is `Paprika Extract`. Both look like a thick Iodine in basic form, and at the amounts added per pound of white cheese, well, the difference in  taste is negligible. White cheese and yellow cheese in a side by side comparison, the subjects could NOT taste a difference. If they `guessed` right a couple times, they were proven later to be doing exactly that, guessing.   

12 hours ago, Phred52 said:

After 21 years of processing and packaging a VERY well known companies product, I will tell you that the only difference between white and colored processed cheese is 2 additives. One additive is `Annetto` and the second is `Paprika Extract`. Both look like a thick Iodine in basic form, and at the amounts added per pound of white cheese, well, the difference in  taste is negligible. White cheese and yellow cheese in a side by side comparison, the subjects could NOT taste a difference. If they `guessed` right a couple times, they were proven later to be doing exactly that, guessing.   

Agree totally with that. Worked at a large cheese plant my first summer out of high school. To me, other than color, they're one and the same.

15 hours ago, ANYFISH2 said:

Cholesterol and fat content.  As well as A LOT of yellow cheese is at least partially processed(essentially flavored plastic) example velveeta, and american.

I love pizzas, burgers, lasagna, hotdishes, as well as salads.  All of which is best with generous amounts of cheese!:D

I guess when you said yellow cheese I was thinking of colby or cheddar vs, mozzarella and Jack. I think he just meant to lay off the "processed" cheese like Kraft slices. I don't even consider that cheese.

It still holds true in real REAL cheese as well.

Example: Mozzarella and Provolone cheese have 15mg cholesterol per serving, where Sharp Cheedar has 25mg cholesterol per serving.  This is from what is in my fridge, not sure on colby or other cheeses off hand.

That was just what my doc had told me, I have/had no reason to question.  While limiting yellow cheese, and limiting my use of whole milk my cholesterol fell from borderline to normal and my Body fat index has gotten better without any extra exercise.  Doc must be on to something!

Edited by ANYFISH2

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

I guess when you said yellow cheese I was thinking of colby or cheddar vs, mozzarella and Jack. I think he just meant to lay off the "processed" cheese like Kraft slices. I don't even consider that cheese.

Wadda mean Dave? Velveeta ain't cheese!!!:cry::cry::cry::lol::lol::lol: