Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Big Dave2

What did you do to your Camper/RV this week?

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

The name of the lake is long. It's between hawick and new London off hwy 23. East of Willmar. It's pretty clear water so your best bet  with eyes is early or late. Actually catch more eyes by accident fishin panfish.

@leech~~ I've only been there once but I never made it out onto the water to try fishing it. For some reason none of the locals ever invited me out on their boat.......

My son did catch some small fish off the dock and he had something big on once but he lost it.

Brandon Fishing.jpg

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Not sure how the wife will like it, but it's kind of fun roughing it.  I know the area is pretty good for Bear's and Wolves!  And we do get a few Deer once in a while. :)

The nice thing about being so far in, is the bait piles you can make!  :lol:

Those pictures are from the Remer area?

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

@leech~~ I've only been there once but I never made it out onto the water to try fishing it. For some reason none of the locals ever invited me out on their boat.......

My son did catch some small fish off the dock and he had something big on once but he lost it.

Brandon Fishing.jpg

:tired::cry: i was playing host that weekend or i would of!!!!!!!!!!:P

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

Dave, problem solved!! :grin:

thCAW8E8NO.jpg

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Sounds like something I would maybe give Ice fishing a go, but the boat is way to far north to haul down.

ice fishing out there is a whole nother animal!!!!!!!! as clear as that lake is in the summer, during hard water it gets really dirty for some reason. not that the fish dont bite but are super finicky and bite super lite.

5 minutes ago, smurfy said:

i see that alot in minnesota!!!!!!!!!!!! think there is a length restriction though from what i hear!!!!!!!!

Me 2, lot of them heading up north. May be there from other states never checked the plates?

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

i see that alot in minnesota!!!!!!!!!!!! think there is a length restriction though from what i hear!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Me 2, lot of them heading up north. May be there from other states never checked the plates?

You can triple tow in Minnesota but the camper has to be a 5th wheel. You can't tow behind a travel trailer like in your picture. Unless things have changed in the last several years since I owned a 5th wheel, the overall length limit was 70 ft. and the camper unit can only be 28'.

Just now, leech~~ said:

Head-en up to that camper now. Have the grand-sons this weekend so fishing and Smore's are in order!  :)

I hope you're not typing this while you are driving.....:P;)

9 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Dave, problem solved!! :grin:

thCAW8E8NO.jpg

Seems like a huge PITA for anything but driving down the highway, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.  

I feel like refueling or stopping at the McDonald's is basically impossible.

16 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

I feel like refueling or stopping at the McDonald's is basically impossible.

Refueling is easy at truck stops but when I have done it I never went far enough to need to refuel and who would want to go to McDonalds on a camping trip? :P

We had a tire blow out a few weeks ago while heading to Zumbro Falls so I just put 4 new tires on the camper last week. Decided to go with the new Goodyear Endurance tires. I also packed all the bearings while I had the wheels off.

hey dave...........so how late in the year do you use your camper? when we had ours we were forced to leave when they shut the water off, but then sometimes we brought our own!!!!!!!!!:grin:

33 minutes ago, smurfy said:

hey dave...........so how late in the year do you use your camper? when we had ours we were forced to leave when they shut the water off, but then sometimes we brought our own!!!!!!!!!:grin:

I like to camp into October if we have the time. This year we are going to the north shore first week of October, that will be our last trip of the year. There aren't too many campgrounds open after October 15th except some state parks. You could go all year around if you really wanted to but it defeats the purpose to us for having a camper if it is too cold to use the water system. I would rather winter camp in a fish house out on a frozen lake!

I'm going to push mine until the furnace wont keep up(with two electric heaters to supplement it).  I maid a air chuck connection at the hose line into the camper at someones recommendation last year and blowing out the lines was a walk in the park with that.  I like to make it through deer season at a minimum.  We eat and cook in the cabin so its a nice place to keep all my hunting gear without getting it smelly.  Once I start losing to much heat through the slides it'll be off to the ice house from there!

35 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

they actually make an air adapter for camper line blow out and sell them cheap...

Got me out of the house for a run through the hardware store so it was worth it... I think I spent about 5-6 bucks in fittings and was good to go.  Nice thing is I can remove the male end going to the camper and add on a female end and hook it up to the outside hose nozzle at the cabin and blow the whole cabin out with it too.

Edited by Moon Lake Refuge

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

they actually make an air adapter for camper line blow out and sell them cheap...

This, screws in where your water hose hooks up.  Like $4 bucks.

Camco Mfg. Rv Plastic Blow Out Kit 36103

Camco Mfg.

ImageRequest__60048.1502767841.jpg?c=2
Camco Mfg.
Camco Mfg. Rv Plastic Blow Out Kit 36103