• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wi 2016 HUnt

Hoyt4

Getting pretty busy here at work so will not have much to write. We got lucky this last season in WI and punched 4 tags. We pulled a triple on one setup and I was able to take a tough Tom that was giving me the slip for a couple days after scouting and watching him in the same field for two days. I was going to try and save him for a friend but he ended up not coming out so I went after him. Took me a sometime just to target him for him to make a mistake after getting by me in the morning. He sure liked to gobbler yelp would gobble a little but he sure yelped a lot. A hen in the morning saved him called in both but she beat him to me and walked out to him and pulled him away from me. That evening was able to get that hen to come in and he sat in the field for about another 30 minutes and he couldn't take it any longer and finally closed the distance and came in to check us out right as the rain started to come down hard. Was a great spring and already putting in vacation for next spring. Wish we had another month of this. Was nice to sleep in to 5am the last couple days better than the 3:45 .

Good luck who are still after them

Resized_20160511_055205.jpg

IMG_20160511_204520.jpg

Resized_20160513_161137.jpg

19 hours ago, Borch said:

A triple!  Nice that the turkeys and hunters all showed up at the same place. ;)

Congrats on closing the deal with the tough tom.

Borch

It was a great sight to see since one of the shooters was his first bird. We put 4 jakes to bed that night but from talking to the landowner we knew there were 6 long beards hanging together on this chunk.

The gobbling was amazing and the most I heard up here and not in NE. I saw one bird hit the ground so I hit them with a couple yelps and the next birds started flying to the field next thing you know we had 16 birds on the ground and all out in the field working towards us. Four Tom's ,6 Jakes and 6 hens. They fought a little strutted a lot and gobbled there heads off in the field.

One of those mornings it all worked out. Told out new hunter you don't always have mornings like that.