• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern

Popped down to the river this morning to check and eye spot. 26 inch northern was there.  Now it is on it's way to the grill. :)  Kinda wrecked my fish pan last week so gonna use a cookie sheet. Gotta get a new pan. Cherry wood in some foil for a little extra flavor and will see how it is. 

Northern.jpg

good idea to leave the skin on. I will do that sometime. I usually use a pan with tons of holes in it but kinda wrecked it last week... lol   I spay with pam a.d then coat with olive oil. and a buncha other stuff so the probe works dandy. dont need it on thin pieces. 

8 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

good idea to leave the skin on. I will do that sometime. I usually use a pan with tons of holes in it but kinda wrecked it last week... lol   I spay with pam a.d then coat with olive oil. and a buncha other stuff so the probe works dandy. dont need it on thin pieces. 

May I suggest when you get a new pan...get an Airbake brand non-stick...they're great. Nice even cooking. No lightweight piece of tin. Kinda spendy, but worth it. Had mine for years. :)

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1900381/t-fal-airbake-natural-15-12-x-10-12-jelly-roll-pan.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=EC%20FOOD%20PREP&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=98320537&CID=shopping15&gclid=CM-4zJ-C3MwCFQmRaQodKSoBog&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJzG3Z-C3MwCFYWKaQod8Y8Miw

coat with olive oil. then lemon pepper and some cajun powder. lay some sliced onion and lemon on top then a little fresh ground pepper. I also put some cherry wood chips in aluminium and set it in there.  2 burners so I heat it up with one then add the fish, then turn the burner on with the wood chips on it. about 350 works nice. 

4 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Well, looks we we've got that whipped! Ever wonder why baking sheets are square and plates are round? :grin:

So the edges don't hang over the sides of a round table.:P

Nice fish looks good and probably tasted better.

Looks delicious Eyeguy!

I read an article in the Minnesota conservation volunteer about the old timers in Mn. always left the skin on their northerns because it gave a lot of flavor to the fish? I don't know, maybe? Or was it because they didn't have sharp enough fillet knives?