• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where would you go for vacation/fishing in January/February

Musky hunter 82

Texas or Florida

Mostly it would be laying around on the beach relaxing with the chance to get out for some offshore fishing.  I saw that somebody posted in the Florida forum that they rented kayaks and fished in the cannels that sounds fun also.

Is there a better time to go to one of these places to have good fishing and still nice weather.  I can go between November and April (and not when spring break is going on).

Thanks you the reply's,

Texas? Really? Worst vacation state ever (ok-I just had a really bad experience). But seriously, Texas beaches suck. Florida is way better (plus the eye candy on the south beach beaches are unreal)! 

22 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

No better place to be that time of year, than northeast Minnesota! Lake trout through the ice beats out south beach or Disney world any day of the week!

I don't know. Typically I would agree but the scenery was reeeeeealy good there last time I went. Plus, in Florida you can go watch the Twins! (LOL) 

Costa Rica.   We went this past Feb.  Airfare to Libera was very good.  Fished from the beach in morning/evening and had fun chasing the schools that would swim through.  Do some research and you can plan to go to areas with better fishing and charter options.  Certain species are better in different seasons.   We went out on a small boat twice, first time got skunked and the motor broke down, second time we got into some small tuna which were fun to catch.  Small boat guides have crappy gear, bring your own if at all possible.   We watched another boat catch a rooster fish, hell of a fight.    Send me a PM if you want more info.