• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seeing any fawns yet???

Grandpa always said when I cut first crop hay there's fawns, sometimes in the mower unfortunately as tight as they hold and lay. What I have seen are some does that seem to be searching around for a quiet out of the way spot to have them. As early as a few farmers reported seeing breeding of does they could come a bit sooner then later. PS. Time is right now to kill every coyote you can.

My father in law saw his first fawn in Siren, Wi in early May. I did the 200 day gestation count back and the calculations said doe would have been bred on Oct 22nd. This would shoot holes in the early- mid November breeding theory. Was this just an isolated incident or are rut/ breeding times way off base?

Not a single fawn on cam as of 2 weeks ago. 

Got a chocolate bear, a timberwolf(pic confirmed by the International wolf center in Ely) and coyotes. Lots of fawn eaters on the farm in OTC.

fawns that survive are lucky SOBs now days. Continued sad state of affairs with the deer in our area.

9 hours ago, certified jumbo said:

20160617_133806.jpg

20160617_133357.jpg

20160617_134004.jpg

20160617_133935.jpg

Lots of fawns and deer in general for us.  Have some bears on camera.   No yotes or wolves yet.  I trapped a bunch of yotes last winter.  It appears as though that has helped. 

You did something about your predator problem instead of just complaining about it???? What a concept!

You did something about your predator problem instead of just complaining about it???? What a concept!

I cant shoot a wolf. Cant shoot a bear out of season. Neighbor shot/trapped 15 coyotes this past winter. My apologies that I cant cant camp out on the hunting land and kill more coyotes. Come on down and shoot em. I have offered it up to many, but nobody seems to want to do it after the big talk comes out. Plenty of things in life that dont allow unlimited time to go take care of predators in my life when I live 125 miles away.

Since our legislators and elected officials won't or can't help us out, it's our job as sportsmen to help out the deer population and control the predator population. We all know the predation problems on the land, it's ok to do some maintenance to keep every thing in check. We will have zero deer if we leave it up to our Govt.