• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Lights

I was flying home about midnight last night and the show from 43,000 was pretty good. Was going to head out after I got home about 1am from the Kentucky Derby but it had already been almost a 22 hour day and just crashed. Witnessed a ton of meteors as well. You could see the smoke haze and certainly smelled it when I landed.

Lots of great shots this morning from around the midwest. Spent the last two hours looking at some beautiful shots! Its got to be a big storm for me to even think about shooting, this was a good one. Looks like the best shots came around 4am which was actually the peak that was forecasted. Congrats on catching some lights!

I got the alert that there might be more activity tonight. I haven't heard what time to set the alarm. All I saw last night was a weird glow. I missed to good show.

started out as a glow and got pretty good after a while. Remember also that the camera sees more than we do since the shutter is open 15 seconds and it all goes on one pic. Way up north the eyes would see them much better. 

I got the yellow alert. looks like cloudy after midnight anyway. 

On 5/9/2016 at 8:36 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

nothing like the were when I lived in Alaska. But still nice. :) 

Where did you live in AK?  I lived year round in Seward in the early 90's for a few years.  Saw plenty of good lights there when the clouds didn't get in the way, which was fairly often.  Best I ever saw was one time early Sept. hiking the back country of Denali back in the early 80's when I spent the summers up there.