• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mothers day chow

so what is the plan for moms day dinners. me I be taking the FW and FM out to a place by Rockville called "the waterfront". used to be the 400 club. pretty dang good grub for a buffet!!!!

REB,  where ya taking..................you know who!!!!!!:P:P:D:grin:

I was trying to get my sisters together to go grill some burgers and brats at my mom & dads, but my mom called me before i could even float the idea and told me she just wants gardening time and that we should stay home.  So there goes that idea. But if that's what she wants, it IS mother's day and I'm actually around this year since Fishing Opener is next weekend.

I will probably end up cooking Mrs. ThunderLund something.  Just don't know yet.  Maybe my two boys and I will make her a nice breakfast.

26 minutes ago, ThunderLund78 said:

I was trying to get my sisters together to go grill some burgers and brats at my mom & dads, but my mom called me before i could even float the idea and told me she just wants gardening time and that we should stay home.  So there goes that idea. But if that's what she wants, it IS mother's day and I'm actually around this year since Fishing Opener is next weekend.

I will probably end up cooking Mrs. ThunderLund something.  Just don't know yet.  Maybe my two boys and I will make her a nice breakfast.

YEA  butt.............when did you start actually listening to MOM!!!!!!!!!!:cry::grin::D

I'm probably going to go out there and see if there's any mushrooms left during the day tomorrow, anyway.  But then she knows that she doesn't have to clean the house or anything - that's her big thing, if the whole group were coming out she'd just stress about it and think that she'd have to clean the whole house top-to-bottom.  Just the kinda person she is.  Even though it's just her, my Dad and two cats.  I have a 5 and 8 year old; her house at its messiest is 100% better than my house at its cleanest.  

Since we moved here 10 years ago we have gone up to Sportsman's for the Mother's Day Champagne brunch.  It is a fun tradition now.  We always look in the paper for other options buy none beat Sportsman's.  Lot's of food.  They also have all of the champagne and Bloody Marys you can have.  I have a bloody Mary and the wife has a Mamosa.  Then after all of the food and booze that early in the day it is nap time when we get home.  Will be a fun lazy day and will do some stuff in the yard.  Maybe start the garden.  Will do ribs later on and of course my first batch of potato salad of the year.  

I did a 70 hr., 133F cook on a Brisket, Sous Vide after a 2 hr cold smoke with Mesquite. Best Brisket Sammies I've ever had. Made an Au Jus with Beef Stock, Onions, Roasted Garlic and the Juices from the Bag when I cracked it open. Dipped the Bun in the Au Jus, Couple slabs of Beef, a few Onions, a little Horseradish, and a light drizzle of Blackberry Blaze BBQ Sauce. Cowboy Beans and Cole Slaw on the side.