• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opener lure line-up

bassfshin24

What's everyone going to have tied on to use on opener next weekend? Or this weekend if you're fishing in WI

Here's my line-up for next weekend on Mille Lacs

1. Two jerkbaits tied on. Maybe 3 :-)

2. Drop shot

3. Keitech swimbait

4. Shakeyhead craw or tube

5. Squarebill crank or DT6

6. Spinnerbait

7. Possibly topwater :-)

8. Football jig

Edited by bassfshin24

I will be on Leech, most likely.

Shadow Rap
Booyah Pad Crasher
Outkast swim jig with various trailers...usually start with a Havoc Grass Pig 
Craw tube 
Outkast RTX jig w/Pit Boss trailer
Drop shot with KVD Dream Shot

I'm sure I will have 8 other rods rigged, but the above is what I will use most. I will probably throw a gold Jawbreaker around old rice and reeds a little too. That has been stupidly effective most openers for me, to the point where I don't know why I don't throw it more.

8 minutes ago, thatoneguy said:

I'm sure I will have 8 other rods rigged, but the above is what I will use most. I will probably throw a gold Jawbreaker around old rice and reeds a little too. That has been stupidly effective most openers for me, to the point where I don't know why I don't throw it more.

The Jawbreaker eh? I haven't thrown that lure in many many years, in fact I don't have any in my box anymore. I used to always joke about how it was weedless but also fishless as I never caught anything but Dogfish on them at my cabin.

3 hours ago, MN BassFisher said:

The Jawbreaker eh? I haven't thrown that lure in many many years, in fact I don't have any in my box anymore. I used to always joke about how it was weedless but also fishless as I never caught anything but Dogfish on them at my cabin.

I haven't thrown it as much for the last few years, but that's not because it doesn't produce. I have had some amaaaaaaazing days on Leech with it. Early in the season up to the point where rice starts laying flat on the surface, it's as good as anything you can throw on lakes with wild rice.

If I make it out on the MN opener, SouthWestern Lake:

Chatterbait/Spinnerbait

T-rigged Yum Dinger

T-rigged worm or lizard

Swim Jig

Square bill/Lipless

Jig and Beaver

Jig Worm if nothing shallow and the deeper weeds are up.

Edited by RuddyDuck

6 hours ago, MN BassFisher said:

Dogfish, eh? I've never caught one of those. What lake is you cabin on?

Deps 175

Gancraft 178

Megabass Magdraft 6"

Big Bite Baits 5" Cane Thumper

Football Jig 

Swing Head

Megabass Vision 110 

Will be on Mille Lacs hunting 6 and 7 pounders with Juan Grande, probably yelling at Todd S and Bassfshin24 to get out of my spots. :P

Edited by SwimbaitChucker