• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New "Good Morning" thread

Between yesterday and early a.m. we garnered .73" of rain at the ranch and .61" in Bugtussle proper. Looks like a wet stretch coming up so glad that I got as much garden in as I did. Lots of grilling options although too many graduations to attend for my taste. Some of these kids appear to be milking it for all the $ they can get. Have no clue why some of them sent an invite. Be glad to donate to their coffers if they'd come out and help clean up brush and junk sometime. ;)  

Hey, where's the leechlake guy been? May be he's spending a lot of time on the tractor this time of year planting or up on Cass lake? :confused:

Edited by leech~~

3am and can't sleep, is it to early to say good morning?  Still a week away before i will think about planting my tomatoes. You southern boys are weeks ahead of us cold weather guys! But we atre having a big skeeter hatch up here

Gimme a break. I never strike out. Six long appts at Mayo starting Tuesday for the spinal implant process stuff. Maybe I'll be able to function again by Fall with any luck. Feel free to come pick me up for the appts. ;)

Just got back home from picking up the almost 5 Grandson.  4 1/2 hours each way.  Only get to do it about once a year.  It is so much fun to have him here but man can he talk.  lol  Thank goodness I was driving so the wife could play all of the word games he likes to play.  Smart kid.  I am worn out already.  lol  I told the wife I am grilling him a ribeye tomorrow and smoking a rack of St Louis ribs on Sunday.  How's that for a good excuse to grill some meat??  

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

Gimme a break. I never strike out. Six long appts at Mayo starting Tuesday for the spinal implant process stuff. Maybe I'll be able to function again by Fall with any luck. Feel free to come pick me up for the appts. ;)

If I am in town would be happy to give you a ride if you need it.  Then I would know where you live.

Seriously, if you need a ride...

Thanks... I actually just had one of my buddies change HIS Mayo appt to take me. My appts are too far for me to walk, and there's never any downtown parking. I just might take you up on that though, Del....there's more coming up. Then you can come over and see my luscious weed-free lawn and have some iced tea on the deck.  :lol:

Good Morning! Yesterday about mid afternoon a good friend and neighbor stopped by and he MADE me go fishing with him on a local lake. We picked up another old timer and off we went. He had purchased a new fangled trolling motor the likes of which I haven't before seen. No anchor needed, just push the anchor button on the remote control and the darn thing kept you in the spot. The fish cooperated, we caught a nice bunch of crappies and bluegills of respectable dimensions. I should have stayed home and worked but this was a very welcome diversion. 

Have a good day all and Good Luck with your appointments Reb. My 88 year old mother in law is going to Cawchester on Tuesday for knee replacement. Chronic pain is no fun.

Good soggy morning all. Still, drippy, and ultra-hume. Just like a rainforest. All we need is a howler monkey or a macaque going at it. Supposed to clear up a bit for tomorrow and Memorial day. Hope so. Sunday I'll be doing my thing at the cemetery scrubbing, shining, polishing, placing flowers and the flag and star. For the past 25 years, I've always planted a wooden planter I made with flowers. It finally fell apart a couple years ago, and it's way too hard anyway for me to kneel down to water, pick the dead flowers out, etc. I go up there 2-3 times every week all Summer to take care of the stuff. Bought one of those stands couple years ago ya put a big ceramic pot in, but I just bought a big hanging basket and popped that in it. Finally bought one of the ceramic ones last week. Cripes, $39 for an empty pot? Then the flowers for it....sheesh. Oh well, the pot will be used every year. Hope it is nice tomorrow.  I'm soaking some chicky thighs in sweet tea, per the new posted recipe on the food thread. I'll do them up tomorrow on the charcoal grill. Can't beat chicky off a charcoal grill. Have to come up with a side to go with them; and I'm out of radishes and green tops too. Dang! Trip to the store coming. Roony, ya coulda swung down and picked up this old fart, I sit still and don't make much noise. :grin: Hope all goes well with your MIL. Constant pain takes a lot out of ya.  Time for that cup #2. Have a good day, guys.