• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New "Good Morning" thread

3 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Grumpy, My Aunt never used to plant tomatoes until Memorial Day.  The real one. 

She lived in St Paul. 

Del he is looking for an excuse to go over tu the neighbor ladies to smooch, ah I mean mooch mater's from her!:grin:

Just now, roony said:

Even though I rank wrens just slightly above house sparrows and starlings, that was sure nice of you to save that little birdie. :grin:

Naw roony wrens are cool. An they eat lotz of bugs!

Got my garden ALL in Sunday prior to the free watering!:lol:

1 minute ago, smurfy said:

Del he is looking for an excuse to go over tu the neighbor ladies to smooch, ah I mean mooch mater's from her!:grin:

Naw roony wrens are cool. An they eat lotz of bugs!

But they are mean little rascals. I herd the nabor lady had some dandy tomatoes.

She couldn't grow a decent tomato if her life depended on it. Her tomato plants over there look like a nuclear test bed on Kwajalein island. :grin:

Whaddya grow in that "garden", Smurf? Special weeds? "Free watering"...I'll bet! Yellow? :P

401090.jpg

4 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Grumpy, My Aunt never used to plant tomatoes until Memorial Day.  The real one. 

She lived in St Paul. 

Hmmm not sure why this happened but.... Roony datz a good one!:lol: I thought reb said she had dandy melons!

Edited by smurfy

2 hours ago, roony said:

Even though I rank wrens just slightly above house sparrows and starlings, that was sure nice of you to save that little birdie. :grin:

Thanks roony. Wrens do have the annoying habit of filling some of the bluebird nesting boxes with thousands of little sticks without using them and while I haven't seen it here, they're capable of poking holes in the bluebird eggs so they don't hatch. Still, I enjoy their song and as smurfy said they are good little bug eaters. As for sparrows and starlings, deporting them back to Europe would be a good start. :D  

I found this rant about wrens somewhat amusing.

https://sora.unm.edu/sites/default/files/journals/wilson/v037n01/p0005-p0013.pdf

3 minutes ago, Dotch said:

As for sparrows and starlings, deporting them back to Europe would be a good start. :D  

And then build a wall. :lol:

It's 41 here & a NW wind about 10. Might make 45 & blow 10-20 all day about the same predicted for tomorrow. Bemidji is saying mid 20's overnight tonight & low to mid 30's for Saturday night. It looks like a good day for a project indoors. Have a good 1

Morning fellers,  we have lots of rens and swallows at the lake, I'm tired of the swallows camping out under the boat canopy. 41 and rain here can't wait for the winds to pick up.  Was messing around on the dock yesterday and the warden stopped by, mainly small talk but we'll probably see him on the water tomorrow.  Well gotta round up some more coffe.....see ya.

I guess mowing yesterday was the right decision. Gotta pack to go visit granddaughters and open cabin.  Hope it warms up, up north, before we get there.  Glad I'm skipping opening weekend.  Getting a little old for that fishing in the sleet stuff. 

My shop roof was white as snow this morning in southern MN. Official low temp at the Waseca Airport was 36. I think I will cover a few things tonight and put my over 100 dixie cups of tomatoes and peppers inside!