Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
RebelSS

New "Good Morning" thread

A new thread to start your day with....off-topic, rambles, LIKES, whatever you need to start your day with. Mine started with a big knob-ache, and it's probably going to end the same way, something tells me......:eek:

Yer raising Yaks now?! What NEXT on here?!  :tired:

2 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

I'm still sulking

I am too. Bet you wouldn't have traded today with me though.......

ffc56c13552ee9c79574abbaf0797e8e.jpg

Turn that frown upside down fellas,  you guys gonna let one or two nobody's set the tone for the day. I might not know happened behind closed doors  but I tell you what, the sun is shining and someone turned in his wings, powers stripped.  Like Rick said, let's have fun!!

i have been having fun.  Just not here. 

OK you guys going to San Diego, when you are done at Black's beach here is something for you

As those of you who've come to any of our concerts at Sweetwater High School know, we were able to keep AMSD going thanks to the help of the school's Theater teacher, Ben Cassel -- and he and his students have put in a LOT of hours, helping us set up for and run the concerts.

Thanks in large part to donations made to the school's Theater Arts Program by our concert-goers, Ben's been able to produce plays again -- including taking productions on the road, locally as well as for recent performances at a big teacher's conference in the Los Angeles area.

They're presenting a play written by Ben -- Alicia en la Wonderland (it's in English)-- this Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the theater in which we present our concerts.

Following is information about the play.  I hope some of you who have gone to our concerts there will attend one of the presentations.  I know Ben and the students -- many of whom help at our concerts -- would appreciate it.  As noted below, there's NO ADMISSION CHARGE -- but donations are accepted and appreciated.

Carey

Alicia en la Wonderland

The play was written by Ben Cassel, who is supervising director, with student director Dianna Elizardo, who also plays Alicia. Crystal Mercado is the director of Bocón, and RoseAnita Hernandez produced the show.

Sweetwater High Theatre Guild presents the National City version of Lewis Carroll’s Alice books.  Presented entirely in English, Alicia en la Wonderland features a sarcastic teenager who follows El Conejo Blanco into a strange and confusing world.  There she meets the MEChA Cat, attends a party with the Hat Shop Guy and the Blonde Hare; takes part in the weirdest Lotería game ever played; and acts as a witness in the trial of El Borracho for stealing pan dulce.  Ultimately, Alicia discovers who she is by learning where she came from.

The high school students are joined on stage by the 8-11 year old puppetmasters of Bocón Community Arts Project. 

The play runs May 5-7Thursday and Friday at 7 PM, and Saturday at 5 PM.  There is no admission charge, but donations are accepted.

alice.jpg

I haven't completely left guys.  I have always wondered what all of the word paranoia is all about here though?  Such as s i t e and others.  Irritated many of us.  We sure had some great times here until I got back from my long weekend and everyone is bailing due to one one-just-like-silly-me.  Yes I said a=s=s    That is way too bad, really hurt our whole camaraderie.  We did have something special here, or at least that is what I thought.  Told all of my friends and relatives too.

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

Uh...uh...ya lost me, Del...but I've kinda been that way all day today....and eyeguy hasn't offered me any photobombing pics to cheer me up, either.

I just got this in email from a concert promoter.  We went to one of the concerts he promoted, in a high school in National City, which is a relatively poor hispanic part of San Diego.  I thought it sounded really cool.  Too bad it is so far away, I would love to go. 

So I shared it...

9 hours ago, LindellProStaf said:

I haven't completely left guys.  I have always wondered what all of the word paranoia is all about here though?  Such as s i t e and others.  Irritated many of us.  We sure had some great times here until I got back from my long weekend and everyone is bailing due to one one-just-like-silly-me.  Yes I said a=s=s    That is way too bad, really hurt our whole camaraderie.  We did have something special here, or at least that is what I thought.  Told all of my friends and relatives too.

Agreed. I took an extended timeout after having too many of mynoists edited or deleted while some other pro staff could do anything but cam back because of this forum and the group that was on here. Missed the whole kerfuffel but it was a necessary thing. Hope it gets the whole band back together.

9 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I am special... just ask my wife... lol   

yeah special Ed' lol!:P morning fellers, im glad things have settled down. im willing to give thing a chance again, ive got freinds allove rth page. theres upheavel in every form of life in one way or another.  so i hope everyone has a great day, rise above, be thankful and have some fun! Lets cook!

Beautiful morning here.  Only 38 though.  Gonna be about 60 and sunny.  Big fire danger again today due to dry and windy conditions.  Had some great steak fajitas last night.  I actually followed the directions on the package when I made them.  And you know what?  They were right, it worked...  :D

Hopefully someone can talk RH into coming back. Sometimes a person just needs to say #$#$ it and keep chugging along. RH, RH, RH, RH you have more friends here then dislikers. I may not post a lot on here, but I enjoy the threads even when they do get off topic. That is when the laughs usually start and make it fun. Have a good day fellers!

Morning fellow forum fellas,  looks like another nice day, maybe not the skirt alert kinda winds we had yesterday.  Just sitting down for lunch, leftover blts and chips...Ya gotta love fajitas Lindell,  sure would be cool jerkbait if they all started filtering back...see ya.:D

Edited by bobberineyes

Morning guys. I needed that sleep to clear me noggin after all the fluff'n stuff. 48* and sunny here. I sincerely hope we can get back on track and have a fun group again. I'm not going into it again, I was right in the middle, and I still have certain feelings over it too. I'll do what I need to, all I'll say is if certain people had had respect for others, followed the very basic forum rules, and weren't worried only about themselves, it never would have happened. I'm done talking about it. Move on or move out, I guess. So, later today or early evening, when the sun is on the other side of the house, it's stain the deck time. Did the top rails yesterday, and the 125 %$#@ vertical stringers. Walking the 4" roller on a pole across the deck boards is a piece of cake Should be done in an hour or so. I NEED that cawfee that's now done...have a good day guys, and bring the fun back.

I cooked down a goose in the slow cooker yesterday. Low heat for 10hrs in coffee, sea salt, garlic, and onion. 

Pulled it out and let it cool, then pulled it apart and mixed up a sauce of bbq, deli mustard, brown sugar, and cider vinegar. (I will admit that the legs and thighs may not have made it into the mix. Man they were good, not sure why people toss them)

Served on a potato roll and Topped with a homemade slaw of chopped wild ramps(bulbs and greens) and an apple. 

Say, I  just picked up a batch of corn-dusted Kaiser rolls yday, big dill pickles, and made some more BBQ sauce...do you have an extra place at the table?? :grin:

1 hour ago, jerkbait said:

Hopefully someone can talk RH into coming back. Sometimes a person just needs to say #$#$ it and keep chugging along. RH, RH, RH, RH you have more friends here then dislikers. I may not post a lot on here, but I enjoy the threads even when they do get off topic. That is when the laughs usually start and make it fun. Have a good day fellers!

Come back RH. We got your back.

44 minutes ago, Neighbor_guy said:

image.jpeg

It doesn't look like much, and always surprises me when an 18lb goose cooks down to 4/5 cups of shredded meat. 

But soo worth the work. 

Looks like i picked the wrong week to be out of town.