• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ESKIMO SHARK

pikechaser

Question

5 answers to this question

Pikechaser
I own one and have no complaints at all!I have read on this forum that some eskimo gear boxes make a lot of noise but i sure can't say that about mine. smile.gif
good luck

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!!:)

i have one for 3 years now, it is very good. startes on the 3 rd pull and cuts very well, still the same blade and we cut alot of holes. i would buy another in a heart beat.

[This message has been edited by hawkeye43 (edited 03-07-2003).]

I have not gotten into any of the my dog is bigger than yours on this subject, it seems if you look at the posts there are far more complaints about other brands not starting,not ideling, dying at the bottom of hole etc. I have had my eskie 3 years and have had not one complaint!

I got a shark this year and love it ! It's the easiest starting auger I've owned. They all cut when their blades are sharp, Jiffy, Strikemaster, the problems usually encountered are tough starts and bogging down when cutting. My Eskimo starts on the second or third pull every time, whether it's 30 degrees or -30 degrees and idles immediately. It runs at 11500 rpm so I just brace one handle on my leg, hang on, and let it pull itself through the ice as fast as it can cut.
Bottom line....I'd but another one over a another Strikemaster or Jiffy today.....but time will tell. I've probably only cut 150 holes with it so far.