• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ribs and Sauerkraut

I'm really digging this recipe, but I love the BBQ Pit Boys anyways.  Ever since I found the Pot Chicken BBQ I posted on hear so very long ago.

pork spare ribs
4-5lbs sauerkraut 

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon carraway seed
potatoes
two onions
two apples
one bottle beer
smoked bacon
smoked kielbasa
olive oil 

Hey, those guys swiped my smoked ribs and kraut recipe :lol: :lol:.  If you have not tried using smoked ribs and sausage with your sauerkraut you need to try it.  The kraut (I also add some coleslaw) picks up a wonderful flavor.  Here is mine assembled and ready to bake. There is a layer of sliced potatoes and more onion rings that are hidden.

4zgxl.jpg

Hey now you are  swiping my recipe :grin:.  Man those look great, looks like a whole shank cut in half.  Nice and meaty.  That's a must for my German Gumbo.  I think what really is a plus for that dish is beef broth added.  It helps meld all the flavors together.  i love the broth.  I serve it on a deep plate just so I have a lot of that broth.  good luck.