• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"No Autopilot Computer"

Fishaholic2011

Trying to connect my lowrance HDS8 to my Xi5 with gateway. First I loaded the 4.0 lowrance update. Then the 1st update of the Xi5 worked fine, but part 2 of the update didn't start. "No autopilot computer" comes on my screen through multiple tries and phone time with motorguide and lowrance. I have bought 2 gateway kits and 2 nmea 2000 starter kits hoping to get a combination that will work with no luck. I have to think its the HDS or the Xi5 with the problem.

ANY IDEAS?

I was getting this same exact error when I did mine a year ago. The only problem is I think it could be caused by multiple issues.

What happened with mine, I think, was that the SW update didn't work correctly on the HDS. I think it is very important to follow the directions very closely and make sure the trolling motor isn't connected to the HDS when the HDS is updating, etc. The instructions should tell you how this happens. I was just having a devil of a time getting my HDS to update.

Anyways, what resolved it was Motorguide sent me a "dongle" that I plugged into the trolling motor and after that, I connected the xi5 to the HDS, the xi5 update happened again and it has worked flawlessly since.

I do have to ask the obvious question though so I apologize in advance, but you have the xi5 IN the water or down position when you are getting the message correct?

Whenever you stow the motor, that "no autopilot computer" message and alarm will go off on the HDS.