• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fascia

why wouldn't I ask this question here.  You old geezers have a wealth of knowledge.

Our facia at the cabin needs fixing.  The stuff put up was some type of manufactured type press board and it's delaminating and I know how to tear it off and replace it but was exploring other options.  It's a 1x6 and has about a 1x2 on the top side that matches up with the drip edge from the roof.  I think tearing it off is going to be a mess of goop rather than just a 12' section coming off and was pondering wrapping it in metal or some other idea.  We may sell the place since we have my dad's place right down the road so this potentially is just a cosmetic fix to market the place better rather than me planning on owning it forever.  If it's someone elses problem I don't know frankly I don't care.

If I tear everything off I also assume I'm going to run into other issues that just seem to happen when you do something like this.  Any other suggestions on a quick fix?  Thanks.

49iff i ccould really visualize it, ive done ffac ia beffore on our.house and it was just a 1x6 againts raffter butt ends with metel dripedge overlapping shingles and attacching upper edge off ffaccia board. unffortunatley running into other issues is just part off the game. im sure there are other options but withoutr seeing it cclose im no help. sorry

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

It will only cost 10k and be done in July....

I hear ya Del.  Let's say we've got about 200' of facia to replace.  12 union guys, 3 boom trucks and the union painter and we're golden.